*** CUBASIS 3 IS NOW AVAILABLE ***
Enjoy a brand-new and fully redesigned Cubasis app, which runs on the iPhone and iPad, and adds many user-requested features and improvements!
Cubasis 2 equals ease of use and is as powerful as a fully featured iOS-based music production system can be pushing your capabilities out of limits. Whether you’re capturing simple ideas or complex musical masterpieces — It ships with outstanding, touch-optimized tools carrying you into the fun of recording, editing, mixing and sharing your music with the world right away. Get fascinated by the brand new features that Cubasis 2 comes with such as real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting, a studio-grade channel strip, pro-sounding effects, massive instrument refills, a refreshed MIDI Editor and many more powerful features. Put hands on three internal instruments, numerous loops and instrument sounds to creatively lift your music to perfection using the included mixer and effects. Once recorded, share your music with the world via a simple tap or transfer it directly to Cubase.
• Unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks
• 24 assignable physical inputs and outputs
• 32-bit floating point audio engine
• Audio I/O resolution of up to 24-bit/96 kHz
• iOS 32- and 64-bit support
• Real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting featuring zplane’s élastique 3
• Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with 126 ready-to-go presets
• MicroSonic with over 120 virtual instrument sounds based on HALion Sonic, HALiotron and Allen Morgan drum kits
• MiniSampler to create your own instruments (includes 20 factory instruments)
• Mixer with studio-grade channel strip per track and 17 effect processors
• Super-versatile RoomWorks SE* reverb effect providing uniquely professional sound and an intuitive graphical display for instant visual feedback at slightest parameter changes
• Fully automatable DJ-like Spin FX effect plug-in
• Over 550 MIDI and time-stretch-capable audio loops
• Virtual keyboard, chord and drum pads with intuitive note repeat control
• Sample Editor and Key Editor with MIDI CC support
• Refreshed MIDI Editor with ultra-intuitive, lightning fast and accurate handling to edit MIDI tracks and compose music easier than ever before
• MIDI Auto Quantize
• Track Duplicate
• Automation, MIDI CC, program change and aftertouch support
• Export to Cubase, iCloud Drive, external hard drives, wireless flash drives, Dropbox, SoundCloud, AudioCopy and email
• Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported
• MIDI over Bluetooth LE support
• Full Audio Unit, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus 3 support to use compatible apps as insert/send effects and virtual instruments or simply record their audio output
• Import audio from your iTunes music library or iCloud Drive or iTunes file sharing, use AudioPaste or set up a Wi-Fi server in Cubasis
• Audio mixdown and MIDI export
• MIDI clock and MIDI thru support
"Probably the best iPad-based DAW in terms of usability and flexibility, and it links up with Cubase on your desktop, too."
"So all in all Cubasis is a hands down victory. Everything supplied here works and works perfectly. If you are a Cubase user and own an iPad, this is simply a no brainer, you have to have it."
48 voices: iPad 2, iPad mini
128 voices: iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro
*User registration required to unlock RoomWorks SE reverb effect.
Audio Unit extension requires iPad Mini 2, iPad 4 or newer model.
Audio Unit and Waves plug-in (in-app purchase) automation requires iOS 10 or higher. Audio Unit MIDI and Files app require iOS 11 or higher.
Project export to Cubase requires Cubase Pro 9/Pro 9.5, Cubase Artist 9/9.5, Cubase LE/AI/Elements 9 or higher.
Cubasis project importer extension must be installed and is available at http://www.steinberg.net/cubasisimporter
This supplemental update includes improvements and is recommended for all Cubasis users.
For the complete list of improvements, issues and solution please visit us at www.steinberg.net/cubasisforum.
If you like Cubasis, please support us by rating this app on the App Store!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
CPU usage in Noise A problem
Cubasis 2.6 was looking really appealing because of the integration with the ROLI Noise App. Unfortunately the CPU usage when trying to use many of the Noise melody instruments renders Cubasis almost unusable on my 12.9 iPad Pro with constant out of memory messages just trying to load instruments ....... on just ONE track! That’s no recording, nothing, just loading an instrument. When I do manage to get one loaded onto a track and using just the normal keyboard (the ROLI keyboard is even worse) the CPU usage,just playing a few notes on some instruments goes straight up to around 65%. This is a real pity as I have been hoping for some ROLI integration for a while. Using any other instrument sets is no problem. Hopefully this can be sorted in an update soon as Cubasis as a iPad daw is the best!
This has been an revelation! I haven’t made music since I used to use cubase 4 on my old white MacBook around 8 years ago. Now I can set up in a few mins and start recording and making music it’s really familiar and easy to use but it’s so much more tactile, I have even found the on screen keyboard useable when I haven’t been plugged in.
I have had a few performance issues when working with low latency but that has mostly been when using several IAA amp sims which I wouldn’t expect given the power the 2018 iPad Pro. I don’t think this is Cubasis’s problem but it’s great that the app gives you the flexibility to try this stuff and push the hardware and the limits of what iOS will allow.
The only other thing that’s slightly awkward is editing midi pitch shift data is a bit of a mess as it’s very difficult to center it back to zero if you move the wrong node, any improvements here would be appreciated.
Really though I can’t complain, this is such a polished and awesome app and gives you so much more than GarageBand it’s well worth the cost and the effects packs and drum machines are really nice too.
Given the confines of iOS I think this is an incredible app, I can’t wait to see what comes in the next update!
Developer Response ,
Hi T-Dogg235, Thank you very much for rating and reviewing Cubasis! We're glad to hear that Cubasis helps you to make music in just a few minutes - that's what the app is made for. If you want to share issues with us, please let us know about them in our Cubasis forum at www.steinberg.net/cubasisforum. Thanks again! Best wishes, Lars
No incentive for existing users to upgrade
Cubasis 2 had some redeeming features like a good midi editor, decent automation and freeze tracks but failed to add long requested features like Ableton Link, a sampler which is not super basic (no cross fade loop, no mono, legato play option for user samples?), sidechaining and track grouping, and only put a fraction of them into cubasis 3 and leave existing users with no upgrade price, loyalty discount? You put all the work in the wrong places and since then other daws are overtaking you. AUM has multi in out AU sidechaining (beta) and has long had groups as had NanoStudio who are about to overtake you too once Matt adds audio tracks. You even demo Fabfilter in your new promo videos for cubasis 3, do users even know you haven’t implemented the features of the plug ins in your DAW? Sorry Lars but your “Cubasis has been rewritten from the ground up” etc, won’t help myself of all the disgruntled users of V2 on your forum, because you added little of what we want and a lot of what we didn’t need.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
- 1.2 GB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- © Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH, 2020
- In-App Purchases
- FX Pack 1: Reverbs & Delays £6.99
- FX Pack 2: Vintage FX £6.99
- Classic Machines £6.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.