Sun-Sational Summer Deals: Save 50% on Cubasis 3 and selected in-app purchases until July 28, 2022!
Quickly and easily capture your musical ideas as soon as they arrive and turn them into professional-sounding songs with the multi-award winning Cubasis 3. Enjoy performing, recording, mixing and sharing your music in no time, wherever you are, right there on your iPhone and iPad. Meet one of the fastest, most intuitive and complete audio and MIDI DAWs available on iOS today: Cubasis 3.
Computer Music Editor’s Choice Award 2020・MusicTech Choice Award 2020・NAMM TEC Award Nominee 2022
"Cubasis 3 marks a great leap to the iPhone, and maintains Cubasis’ status as the DAW to beat on the iOS platform." — Computer Music
"Cubasis has always represented the best balance between features and usability in any iOS DAW/sequencer, and in Cubasis 3, Steinberg have raised a high bar even higher." — Sound On Sound
"Cubasis 3 is far and away the most powerful and user-friendly mobile DAW around." — ASK Audio
"Cubasis has been invaluable for me when I just need to create a quick demo before the plane lands." — Rob Swire (Pendulum, Knife Party, Deadmau5)
Learn more about Cubasis at www.steinberg.net/cubasis
NEW IN CUBASIS 3
• Universal app support: Run Cubasis on the iPhone and iPad
• Group tracks: Easily combine individual tracks to groups
• Full-screen mixer: Easily extend the size of the mixer and more
• New look, same feel: Enjoy creating more efficiently
• Free Cubasis 2 IAP transfer: Freely transfer previous in-app purchases to Cubasis 3
• 960 PPQN MIDI resolution: Precise audio and MIDI event editing at the highest level
• 8 insert, 8 send effects: Create great-sounding tracks with flexible effects options
• FX rearrangement: Quickly rearrange plug-ins and change their pre/post fader position
• 75 new effects presets: Make tracks sound great with these ready-to-use presets
• Undo with history list: Quickly jump back to earlier versions of your song
• Redesigned instruments and effects: Modern styling with more precise operation
• Audio, MIDI and automation editors revisited: File editing is much more effective
• Revised MediaBay: Your all-new control center for file and project management
• UI scale presets for iPhone and iPad: Quickly change the size and arrangement of Cubasis
• MicroSonic instruments refill: Get creative with great-sounding new instruments
• Unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks
• 24 assignable physical inputs and outputs
• 32-bit floating-point audio engine
• Audio I/O resolution of up to 24-bit/96 kHz
• Real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting featuring zplane’s élastique 3
• Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with 126 ready-to-go presets
• MicroSonic with over 120 virtual instrument sounds
• MiniSampler to create your own instruments (includes 20 factory instruments)
• Mixer with studio-grade channel strip per track and 17 effects processors
• Sidechain support
• Fully automatable DJ-like Spin FX effect plug-in
• Over 550 MIDI and time-stretch-capable audio loops
• Virtual keyboard with chord buttons, chord and drum pads with intuitive note repeat
• Audio editor and MIDI editor with MIDI CC support
• MIDI editor for programming and editing MIDI tracks quickly and efficiently
• MIDI Learn, Mackie Control (MCU) and HUI protocol support
• MIDI auto quantize and time-stretch
• Track duplicate
• Automation, MIDI CC, program change and aftertouch support
• Core Audio and MIDI-compatible hardware supported
• Keyboard shortcut and mouse support
• MIDI over Bluetooth LE support
• Audio Unit including Instrument Multi Out support, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus 3 support
• Ableton Link Support
• Import audio via iTunes, iCloud Drive, Files app, AirDrop or use AudioPaste
• MIDI clock and MIDI thru support
• Export to Cubase, iCloud Drive, external hard drives, wireless flash drives, Dropbox, AudioCopy and email
If you like Cubasis, please support us by rating this app in the App Store! Thank you!
What's New in Cubasis 3.4.3
This supplemental update includes improvements and is recommended for all Cubasis users.
For the complete list of improvements, issues and solution please visit us at www.steinberg.net/cubasisforum.
If you like Cubasis, please support us by rating this app on the App Store!
What's New in Cubasis 3.4
Cubasis 3 was rewritten from the ground up, introducing the latest technology in keeping with today’s and tomorrow’s demands. Since its release the app has seen many updates where we've added lots of frequently-requested features, such as MIDI Learn, Mackie Control (MCU) and HUI protocol support, Audio Unit multi-out support, sidechain support, keyboard shortcut and mouse support, plus so much more. Cubasis 3.4 doesn't stop there, so come on in to enjoy Ableton Link support and much more to keep you inspired while easily creating beautiful new music with Cubasis!
・Ableton Link Support
Make Cubasis on multiple iPad and iPhone devices play in time together. Jam with others who run Link-enabled apps on their devices. Sync Cubasis with multiple applications on the same device… and much more. The sky’s the limit. No matter if you are using iOS, desktop or hardware: Ableton Link support in Cubasis makes staying synchronised with other Link-enabled apps easy and effortless. Simply enable Link and join the party.
・MIDI Recording Workflow Improvements
Ready to capture your latest idea? Cubasis 3.4 adds many features to make life easier for you. A long tap on the locator range lets you instantly place the locators in a new position to quickly start your recording. Use the Chord Buttons to instantly create great-sounding chord sequences at your finger tips, while recording melodies in one go. You want to find out how your pad sequence sounds at half speed? Sure thing. MIDI time-stretch lets you easily find out via a few simple taps. That's what makes Cubasis one of a kind when it comes to usability. It’s made by musicians for musicians.
・State Save / Total Recall Improvements
Polishing musical ideas to professional-sounding songs is often a matter of multiple sessions. Cubasis 3.4 makes sure you will find the project in the exact same state as when you left the app last time. The editors remember the zoom level and position for each audio and MIDI event, allowing you to instantly continue with your edits. The same goes for the arranger, the mixer channel width, the setup choices you've made and more. Do you prefer being creative instead of wasting time? So do we. That’s why we’ve got you covered with Cubasis 3.4, to help you keep polishing your songs to perfection from right where you left off.
While there are many DAW apps available on the market, there is only one Cubasis app that pairs powerful features with unmatched usability. And it offers so much more. Cubasis 3.4 adds more than 75 improvements, ensuring the highest performance and rock-solid stability to help you capture your ideas and polish them into professional-sounding songs. Trust us, you will love the latest version of the multi-award winning Cubasis 3! For the complete list of improvements, issues and solutions, please visit us at www.steinberg.net/cubasisforum.
If you like Cubasis, please support us by rating it in the App Store!
Ratings and Reviews
Achieving a fade unintuitive and difficult to achieve.
Hello Generally v good. I’m running 3.4 on iPad Pro .. yet why so difficult to achieve a fade? I’d prefer to do this from the main tracks without opening the waveform window yet when I do nothing appears easy and intuitive including achieving a fade. Coming to Cubasis3 on iPad Pro from using Digital Performer for years this is disappointing. In addition on an iPad mixer panning isn’t easy to do with some accuracy. Open pan into a separate window perhaps?
Thank you for your reply Lars, I’ve worked it out !
My confusion arose thus : I’m making audio splits in the main tracks section and assumed if I then double clicked on a particular split section to bring up the waveform window I’d then only see my split area but the whole original waveform is displayed so I then have to shuffle through this to find the bars I wish to fade. As you point out The movable Handles in the waveform area define the fade points as I’ve just realised! By the way the handles are a fabulous idea. Be nice also to have some ‘markers’ as feature in Digital Performer yet I appreciate this might over complicate what is a clean uncluttered intuitive design. I rate Cubasis3 v highly indeed and look forward to the next update …
Developer Response ,
Hi martinstephen, Thank you very much for your updated Cubasis review and rating! Glad to read that things work as expected for you! Please note that Cubasis 3.4.1 is planned to be released shortly, which will included many improvements and fixes to user-reported problems! Enjoy making music & stay well! Best wishes, Lars
--- --- ---
Hi martinstephen, Thanks for your Cubasis review and rating! There are various options to create fades in Cubasis. You can use the handles of an event to easily create fade ins and outs. But, Cubasis comes with full automation support too. To learn more about the Cubasis workflow, I strongly suggest to check out our "Getting started with Cubasis" tutorial, where Dom Sigalas shows all steps to create a full blown track with the app in near to no time: https://youtu.be/KcFuk4z-eUQ. Hope this helps & that you enjoy the clip! Thanks again! Stay safe and sound & best wishes, Lars
Too many issues.
I’ve had Cubasis 2 for years, used on various iPads, with hardly any issues. I recently purchased Cubasis 3 while the sale was on, and so glad I didn’t pay full price. I have also updated it to latest Cubasis 3.4. Cubasis 3 has so many issues. I use iPad 11 pro and iPhone 13 pro max. Haven’t used it on the iPhone yet, but on iPad it constantly crashes during recordings. And now it has started playing back recordings at really slow distorted speeds! Really frustrating. Tried so many obvious solutions, restarts, iPad restart etc etc. Sometimes it plays back normal speed then other times it switches back to slow distorted speeds. I’ve never played around with speed settings, tempo etc, just left everything as default. I use Audiobus 3 to set up Cubabsis with recordings. Always starts of great, then once you get going adding more instruments or sounds, it either stops dead or crashes off screen. Think I’ll go back to using Cubasis 2 until Steinberg can sort these bugs out. I’ve read through various forums that there are a lot of issues with Cubasis 3. Seems a lot more work needed to go into this before it’s released.
There are constant complaints of Cubasis 3 crashing in different scenarios. Steinberg should not be releasing it without fully testing. Tried everything you suggested and checked on forums. These crashes are constant. I’m giving up on Cubasis 3 and applying for a refund. Wasting too much time trying to resolve different types of crashes.
Developer Response ,
Hi Jamestyros, Please note that Cubasis 3.4.1 has been released yesterday evening, adding many fixes and improvements to a wide range of user-reported problems. Please find out more what's included in the update right here: https://forums.steinberg.net/t/cubasis-3-4-1-available. We would be glad to have your updated feedback, once you've downloaded and checked Cubasis 3.4.1 yourself! Thanks in advance & stay safe, Lars
--- --- ---
Hi Jamestyros, Thank you for your updated Cubasis review and rating. Again, we are sorry to read about your issue. Please note that Cubasis 3.4.1 is planned to be released shortly, which will include many improvements and fixes to user-reported issues. We would be very glad to hear about your feedback, once the update has been released. Thanks in advance & stay safe and sound, Lars
--- --- ---
Hi Jamestyros, Thank you for your Cubasis review and rating. We are sorry to read about your problems. Please give the following steps a try, to see if it helps to resolve the issues: (1) Load the "New Project" project template. (2) Close all running apps, including Cubasis. (3) Fully shut down the iPad/iPhone. Does Cubasis works as expected, once relaunching the iOS device and the app? In addition, it would be great to have more details about your playback speed /distortion issues. Are these related to using Bluetooth devices (such as BT phones or speakers)? It would be of great help if you could share your bug reports with us in our forum at steinberg.net/cubasisforum to allow us exchanging with you. Once our engineers can reproduce the problems, there is a good chance for a fix! Thanks & stay safe, Lars
Solo and mute buttons
I am mostly really enjoying the working environment bar a couple of points. Firstly, when you have a lot of tracks and need to reduce their size to see them all, you lose the SOLO and MUTE buttons on each track. This makes switching quickly to hear different tracks slow and reduces work flow. Secondly, is it possible in a future update to increase the track height but keep the track that you are making larger stay on screen rather than it drifting down the screen? Overall I really enjoy the Cubasis experience but due to a limited screen size even on the IPad Pro, the tracks would benefit from givingas much info as possible whatever the track height. Also thanks for the many other features which work very well.
Developer Response ,
Hi finding a nickname is tedious, Thank you very much for your Cubasis review and rating. Please have a look under Setup/Arranger, if the available Screen Modes are of help for you, choosing a basic UI size which maybe fits better for you. When shrinking the height of tracks, we have to make the S/M buttons disappear at some point. Would it work for you to quickly switch to the mixer for soloing and muting tracks here? Hope that helps! Please stay well, Lars
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
- 1.2 GB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH, 2022
- In-App Purchases
- Classic Machines £2.49
- Waves Tune Real-Time £1.79
- FX Pack 1: Reverbs & Delays £2.49
- Micrologue ARP Arpeggiator £1.79
- Waves Plug-in Bundle £8.99
- FX Pack 2: Vintage FX £2.49
- Waves AudioTrack £6.99
- Waves Q10 Equalizer £6.99
- Waves L1 Ultramaximizer £6.99