Find complete services for Morning, Evening and Night Prayer from the Church of England with this official Daily Prayer app.
From the earliest days of Christianity, Christians have gathered at regular times each day and night to read the Bible, praise God and pray for the world. Daily Prayer helps the Christians of today take part in this regular pattern of worship.
For every day of the year, it presents material for Morning, Evening and Night Prayer in both contemporary (Common Worship) and traditional (Book of Common Prayer) forms. All services are provided in full and include Bible readings (NRSV translation), psalms, canticles and seasonal variations.
The app also allows you to:
- Access Morning, Evening and Night Prayer for yesterday, today and a month ahead
- Switch between Contemporary and Traditional formats with one click
- Increase/reduce the type-size of all services
The app is free to download and includes free access to online material up to one month in advance. To view material offline and access to material up to 12 months in advance, a small annual subscription fee applies.
- Annual, auto-renewing 12 month subscription
- All subscriptions are auto-renewing
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Other features of the app include:
- Details of the Feast Days, Festivals and Commemorations from the Common Worship Calendar
- Full readings (NRSV translation) without the need for a separate Bible app
- Easy access to alternative texts within the app in simple pop-up windows
- Clear, clean, elegant typography that mirrors closely the award-winning Common Worship design.
Daily Prayer is the first official app to allow easy and elegant access to the hugely popular Daily Prayer feed from the Church of England website. It is published by Church House Publishing, the official publisher of the Church of England. For more information visit www.chpublishing.co.uk
Terms of service can be found at: https://aimermedia.com/chp-tos/
Daily Prayer is the latest app in a range of official Church of England apps developed with Aimer Media, links to which can be found within the app and at http://aimermedia.com/client/church-of-england/ .
- Update with 2020 content
- Minor bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This daily prayer of app is simply brilliant. I use it in a working class parish for morning prayer. Getting people to flick through the book was so alien. Got them to get there phones out, install this app and bingo, easy to follow etc. A few requests that would make it 5*. The ability to change the version and translation of OT/NT readings and of the Psalms. NRSV is not the easiest to read and, I believe but maybe wrong, the psalm translation is for signing, but it is a nightmare to read esp. for people who struggle reading. A NIV or NLT option would be perfect. On the other end of the spectrum it would also be cool if you could change the language to Greek and Hebrew for the readings.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the suggestions we will pass them along to Church House Publishing
May I make a suggestion..?
Love this App for following the Church Year in prayer! All you could need is included which makes this so user friendly. Just one thing missing for me tho... I’d really appreciate a little pop-up box with some info about the day’s feast or saint, as I don’t always know who, or what, I’m celebrating.
Being a fairly new Christian, this would be so helpful to me. Many thanks for your consideration. Happy New Year !!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the suggestion. We will pass it on to Church House Publishing.
This is an excellent app. I attend weekly prayers at the local church on Thursdays and now use the app daily and try to do all 3 prayer sessions. I love the links to other ‘pages’ which, when closed, take me back to the original point of reading.
A suggestion ... it’s easy to be careless and swipe slightly left or right taking me to yesterday or tomorrow’s readings, in returning to today’s reading I have to scroll and scroll to find the place I left. Would it be possible to tweak the programming to be able to return to my original point of reading?
- Aimer Media Ltd.
- 167.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Aimer Media, Church House, Hymns Ancient and Modern
- In-App Purchases
- Full Daily Prayer Sub 12 Months offline £2.99
- Auto-Renewable Full Daily Prayer Sub. £2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.