Find complete services for Morning, Evening and Night Prayer from the Church of England with this official Daily Prayer app.
From the earliest days of Christianity, Christians have gathered at regular times each day and night to read the Bible, praise God and pray for the world. Daily Prayer helps the Christians of today take part in this regular pattern of worship.
For every day of the year, it presents material for Morning, Evening and Night Prayer in both contemporary (Common Worship) and traditional (Book of Common Prayer) forms. All services are provided in full and include Bible readings (NRSV translation), psalms, canticles and seasonal variations.
Access audio for Morning and Evening Prayer (Contemporary Services) from the accompanying official Daily Prayer podcast with the new audio player. The new player will appear at the start of Morning and Evening Prayer services for which a podcast episode is available (Morning Prayer services are normally published at 00.15 GMT and Evening Prayer services at 14.00 GMT).
The app also allows you to:
- Access Morning, Evening and Night Prayer for yesterday, today and a month ahead
- Switch between Contemporary and Traditional formats with one click
- Increase/reduce the type-size of all services
The app is free to download and includes free access to online material up to one month in advance. To view material offline and access to material up to 12 months in advance, a small annual subscription fee applies.
- Annual, auto-renewing 12 month subscription
- All subscriptions are auto-renewing
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Other features of the app include:
- Details of the Feast Days, Festivals and Commemorations from the Common Worship Calendar
- Full readings (NRSV translation) without the need for a separate Bible app
- Easy access to alternative texts within the app in simple pop-up windows
- Clear, clean, elegant typography that mirrors closely the award-winning Common Worship design.
Daily Prayer is the first official app to allow easy and elegant access to the hugely popular Daily Prayer feed from the Church of England website. It is published by Church House Publishing, the official publisher of the Church of England. For more information visit www.chpublishing.co.uk
Terms of service can be found at: https://aimermedia.com/chp-tos/
Daily Prayer is the latest app in a range of official Church of England apps developed with Aimer Media, links to which can be found within the app and at http://aimermedia.com/client/church-of-england/ .
- Updates to 26th and 29th December content
Ratings and Reviews
I was absolutely delighted when you added audio, because even though I have a significant loss, I like to listen as I follow the text. I like it that some of the elements are sung, but there are too many. Because of my hearing loss I lose track of where we are and sometimes I think you sing different psalms to the ones printed as I cannot find them. Also it would be extremely helpful for me to know the source of your intercessions or be able to view the exact text. I know these are specific requirements to match my disability, but God tells me I’m important still even so. I can’t wait until you do the same for Evening Prayer.
This daily prayer of app is simply brilliant. I use it in a working class parish for morning prayer. Getting people to flick through the book was so alien. Got them to get there phones out, install this app and bingo, easy to follow etc. A few requests that would make it 5*. The ability to change the version and translation of OT/NT readings and of the Psalms. NRSV is not the easiest to read and, I believe but maybe wrong, the psalm translation is for signing, but it is a nightmare to read esp. for people who struggle reading. A NIV or NLT option would be perfect. On the other end of the spectrum it would also be cool if you could change the language to Greek and Hebrew for the readings.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the suggestions we will pass them along to Church House Publishing
New audio feature
Really grateful for the new audio feature. Adds another dimension to daily prayer. Only frustration (aware opinions may differ) is that I find the 'duo speaking' off putting. Every other line or so there's an extra voice which can get distracting after a few lines. I don't see why it can't be all or none. Preferably none.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Aimer Media Ltd.
- 167.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Aimer Media, Church House, Hymns Ancient and Modern
- In-App Purchases
- Auto-Renewable Full Daily Prayer Sub. £2.99
- Full Daily Prayer Sub 12 Months offline £2.49