*** FREE for limited time! ***
DanceSteps allows you to experiment with and finally learn the basic steps of a dance by using your iPhone or iPod Touch. It can achieve this with a very simple user interface and with provided high quality rhythm-tunes that can help you learn the steps even easier.
- "Featured" by Apple for March and April of 2011 in most App Stores all over the world!!
- 10/10 score from theiphoneappreview.com!
"Having been born with at least two left feet, the current craze for dance - jazz, tap, ballroom, on ice and no doubt in many other styles - has passed us by. No more. Thanks to DanceSteps we now have the opportunity to master salsa, rumba, samba and waltz, with more to follow"
- Five rhythms are now included, with two basic steps for each: Salsa, Rumba, Samba, Waltz and Cha Cha. More are on the way!
- You can also see useful information and tips for each dance, like how partners must hold each other, on which foot body weight should be etc.
- In “Learning mode”, you can move the feet forward or backward at your own pace to gain a better understanding of dance’s basic steps with no music to distract you. In this mode, useful notes will come up in color clouds to assist you for both male/female movements.
- Designed to be easy to use:
You are a male ? Just hold the device at the default position.
A female ? Rotate the device upside down to gain a better view of your (red) feet on the dance floor and observer the cloud notes (the red ones) in the correct position so you can read it.
A couple ? Even better! Put the device in between you two to learn the steps together!
- When you feel ready to move your feet along the rhythm, press the Play button and watch the feet figures moving on the dance floor according the beat of the music. Keep up with the rhythm beat and wake the dancer inside you!
Visit http://www.noveltyview.com for more information and additional products.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Modern user interface and support for all iPhone screen sizes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Updates review since update
Application updated v. Fast. In principle very good and a good way to learn if you are able to do so by watching a screen. The biggest gripe I have is that the dance steps are not the same as I am taught in class so not very good for me. If you are a novice with no experience then it does a job.
Application will not load so a 0 rating
Best learn how to dance app I've used
This is the only educational app I could find where you actually learn the most common dances you would need to know. Easy to use, learn within seconds. Just would love it if they kept adding more dancers.
I like that the programmer took immediate action (as it can be seen on above app’s description). I contacted him and I got an ultra-fast reply. Yes, the problem is v. 4.3 specific, he already corrected it and sent an updated version of his application to Apple for approval. Waiting for it, no harm done.
The developer, Anthony Boudouvas, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- ANTHONY BOUDOUVAS
- 33.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2011 Anthony Boudouvas
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.