Dark Mode makes your browser more comfortable, enjoyable and cool by changing the colour scheme to make web pages easier to read. Works especially well for people working during the night or in low light environments or when you want to match your browser with the new macOS dark mode look.
HOW TO USE IT
• Once you activate the extension all websites will display a darker theme. You can start the extension manually, you can schedule it or turn it on automatically (when macOS dark mode is active)
• Just press the tool bar button and you can change to a softer theme, an e-ink (paper) theme or cover the page with a translucent curtain
• You can apply dark mode for some sites only and deactivate the theme for any site
• A simple and powerful Safari extension
• Choose between 5 themes: Dark, Mono Dark, Soft Dark, Dark Curtain and Paper (E-Ink)
• Multiple ways to activate the extension: manually, schedule it for your preferred night hours or when macOS dark mode is on
• You can ignore any site or you can apply Dark Mode for some websites only
• Use hotkeys to toggle Dark Mode:
- Command + Option + K: Temporary toggle (until page refresh)
- Command + Option + P: Permanently toggle
We read your support emails every day, day by day.
Write with confidence any question, feedback or complaint and you will receive an answer in a very short period of time.
• Improved the rendering for some popular websites
Ratings and Reviews
Just what I needed
I love dark mode as I do a lot of night work. This has been amazing for me and the colour inverts are really well done. I like how you have added a quick ability to ignore sites that invert to white too. Great job
Only suggestion is to allow a manual "black" colour as the default #000 black can be a bit harsh, I prefer more of a dark grey to black.
Edit: just spotted "Soft dark mode" in the toolbar :D
Does a great job
Tried a few of the free ones but sadly they aren't 100%. This has done the jobs on all the sites I've tried, only occasionally seen small areas that are not darkened. There are several differnt options to darken including mono and a variable curtain option which dims the white stuff but leaves the rest as normal. Don't regret the purchase and happy with the way this works to save my eyes in the evenings.
Serviceable, but not good
While it's nice to have something that tries to convert pages to a "dark mode", this plugin often fails in ways that free plugins for other web browsers don't.
The worst example of this is entire web frames being simply "inverted" in colour leading to inverted image colours for carousel menus, Twitter embeds and many other common website features, and this happens on many popular websites. While you "technically" get Dark Mode there's no point in using it if important content like images can no longer be viewed or read and it undermines the purpose and value of this addon.
If you REALLY want a kind of dark mode for Safari then the flaws can be overlooked, but for everyone else this can't be recommended until the app improves or more options are available on how the addon processes pages, as the current plugin options don't adequately reflect the nuances of websites and the shortcomings of applying a filter to them.
Developer Response ,
The extension works very well for most of the websites out there in the wild. This is proved by testing and a lot of happy customers. But if you have some websites that are not perfect, Dark Mode can offer some options: you can either add the site to the ignore list, or you can choose what sites Dark Mode to run on (only the sites that are rendered perfectly). You have any questions, please write me to email@example.com and for sure I can assist you in any matter.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Denk Alexandru
- 4.8 MB
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Denk Alexandru
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.