Dark Mode makes your browser more comfortable, enjoyable and cool by changing the colour scheme to make web pages easier to read. Works especially well for people working during the night or in low light environments or when you want to match your browser with the new macOS dark mode look.
HOW TO USE IT
• Once you activate the extension all websites will display a darker theme. You can start the extension manually, you can schedule it or turn it on automatically (when macOS dark mode is active)
• Just press the tool bar button and you can change the theme to a softer or a mono theme
• You can deactivate the theme for any site or apply dark mode for some sites only
• A simple and powerful Safari extension
• Choose between 5 themes: Dark, Mono Dark, Soft Dark, Dark Curtain and Mono
• Multiple ways to activate the extension: manually, schedule it for your preferred night hours or when macOS dark mode is on
• You can ignore any site or you can apply Dark Mode for some websites only
• Use hotkeys to toggle Dark Mode:
- Command + Option + K: Temporary toggle (until page refresh)
- Command + Option + P: Permanently toggle
We read your support emails every day, day by day.
Write with confidence any question, feedback or complaint and you will receive an answer in a very short period of time.
• Fixed an issue that was causing the extension to disappear from the browser
From the previous update:
• New Dark Mode option, Mono Dark Mode: make webpages dark and other elements mono chromatic
• Web pages rendering improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Serviceable, but not good
While it's nice to have something that tries to convert pages to a "dark mode", this plugin often fails in ways that free plugins for other web browsers don't.
The worst example of this is entire web frames being simply "inverted" in colour leading to inverted image colours for carousel menus, Twitter embeds and many other common website features, and this happens on many popular websites. While you "technically" get Dark Mode there's no point in using it if important content like images can no longer be viewed or read and it undermines the purpose and value of this addon.
If you REALLY want a kind of dark mode for Safari then the flaws can be overlooked, but for everyone else this can't be recommended until the app improves or more options are available on how the addon processes pages, as the current plugin options don't adequately reflect the nuances of websites and the shortcomings of applying a filter to them.
Developer Response ,
The extension works very well for most of the websites out there in the wild. This is proved by testing and a lot of happy customers. But if you have some websites that are not perfect, Dark Mode can offer some options: you can either add the site to the ignore list, or you can choose what sites Dark Mode to run on (only the sites that are rendered perfectly). You have any questions, please write me to firstname.lastname@example.org and for sure I can assist you in any matter.
Doesn't work anymore
This app doesn't seem to work anymore.
Developer Response ,
I guess you just need to restart your Safari browser one time and everything will get back to normal - also make sure the extension is active.
You can also write me an email to email@example.com and I will gladly provide you with more details.
Does what it should
I use the dark mode setting for everything due to eye strain and do not understand why Dark Mode in Safari only changes the menu bar. Finally found this app, installed it and instant eye relief. I have not used it for very long so am unsure how it will affect various web pagers but it is certainly worth the money.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.