Ratings and Reviews
Dash Cam 2
This is a very good app with a clear picture but it’s a bit of a drain on my battery (100% when I left work and at the end of my 20 minute journey it was 66%) and it won’t save any of my videos which is annoying. If they get these issues fixed or improved, I would change my rating. Thanks
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your download and your feedback. To address the battery issue, yes this app uses lot of battery power since it incorporates lot of components of your device. To reduce the energy consumption, we recommend lowering the screen brightness. To address the issue with video not being saved, as far as we know, the videos get saved if you use the app correctly. Please email us so that we can address the issue in detail.
Very good little cam app
The developer has been really responsive which is great. This app works really well and I’ve successfully made some 4K DashCam videos. :) There are a few issues but considering it’s free and does work I’ve got to upgrade this to 5*
- If the video is blurry, close the app and reopen, it’s probably focused on the windscreen, once it gets a lock on the road it stays there.
- To save a video Transfer to iCloud Drive/Dropbox etc. The app saves it internally by default and it can’t be accessed from the photo library.
- the Save (to photo library) function doesn’t work as mentioned in other reviews, but this seems to be down to an iOS bug, and the app saves to the phone, but you just have to view videos and picture within the app, which is no problem.
- I think I have hit another iOS bug with the Bluetooth in my car making the record button call my own number. I can resolve by turning of Bluetooth but then I can’t call from the car. Again an Apple problem not DashCam 2.
There are no cheap 4K dashcams out there at the moment, it’s got some competition in the App Store but it’s well worth a download as it’s very well made with a slick interface and will compete with some of the £2-3 downloads on the App Store for functionality. I wouldn’t mind watching an ad as it boots up either, if that’s the way they decide to go.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your download and your feedback. The issue with blurry video could be due to the DashCam app focusing on your windshield instead on the road ahead of you. When you see a blurry video, tap anywhere on the screen to refocus the video on the road ahead instead on your windshield.
Used this app and it’s predecessor for ages ( on various iOS versions and iphone models 5 , Se and 7 mostly) and it generally works fine.
Occasionally has minor bugs as version changes (one time if opened in portrait mode it wouldn’t switch to landscape) but bugs have been minor and quickly fixed.
I don’t know why there are so many negative reviews for a free app that, in my experience, works fine?
- St. Edward Enterprises LLC
- 70.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © St. Edward Enterprises LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.