Improve your guitar playing and master the fretboard with world renowned guitarist and best-selling author David Mead‘s CAGED guitar app.
The CAGED guitar system has been used by guitarists for decades to understand and map the guitar fretboard. The system is based on the relationship between the five basic chord patterns (C, A, G, E and D) and how they can be joined together to help you find any chord in any key wherever you are on the fretboard.
The David Mead : CAGED app gives you all the tools and information you need to master this trusted system quickly and efficiently.
The app contains:
- Eight easy to follow lessons that take you from the basics of chord construction to understanding the full power of the CAGED system across the fretboard.
- Each lesson includes interactive fretboard diagrams that allow you to see and hear the CAGED chord shapes, the notes and intervals they contain and the best way to play them on your guitar.
- Reference tools to help you visualise the entire CAGED fretboard in any key and to see the CAGED chord shapes around any root note.
- Exercises to help you practise the key parts of the CAGED theory and build up your knowledge wherever you are and whenever you want.
- Progress tracker to monitor your performance on each exercise and highlight where you can target your practice most effectively.
David Mead is an acoustic guitarist, writer, journalist and teacher. Find out more about David, his music and his best-selling guitar books at www.DavidMead.net.
We've completely rewritten the app for iOS 11. All the content stays the same but the app is now optimised for the latest iOS devices.
Please keep sending us your ideas and feedback for the app.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The Guitar App I never knew I needed
This app is simply the greatest learning aid I've ever installed. It complements my book and allows me to revise whilst travelling, commuting or on holiday. The testing sections have helped me to understand the five chord and scale patterns where all other methods had failed. I've also understood how to link scales and create 7th, minor and others.
I have one request for the Devs on future releases. Please allow music apps to run in background. This would really enhance the learning / practice experience. I don't always have to hear the strings when I just want to practice chord shapes and scales.
Thank you for this excellent app, and the Guitar Gym app too.
Very simple and useful app
Great app this. Covers the basics, and some nice movable chord shapes. I like the quiz section, and i really like the fact that it means I can learn without need for headphones or a guitar, as i did yesterday in the supermarket checkout queue. Useful I think for all levels of guitarist.
I really have learned the CAGED system from this app, after not managing to do so from books. The exercises challenge on exactly what you need to learn, and practice mentally. There are a couple of bugs, multiple choice questions where 3 answers are correct, but apart from this, David has put a great resource together. If I can learn from it, anyone can!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.