Apple’s App of the Year with over 15 million downloads and 50,000 5-star reviews globally. From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One’s elegant interface makes journaling about your life a simple pleasure.
New York Times: “It feels almost sacred: A completely private digital space.”
Wired: “Day One makes keeping a journal delightfully easy.”
Macworld: “This superb journaling app remains pleasant to behold, easy to use, and a tough act for any rival to follow.”
Sweet Setup: “If you’re looking for a fantastic journaling app, or a great app for logging and recording various events and milestones of your life, then by far and away the best pick is Day One.”
Keeping a journal is an act of love. It makes you aware of your surroundings, cognizant of your actions, and open to adapting to all the changes around you.
WHY DAY ONE?
Day One is the journal that redefines journaling. Discover how Day One lets you to capture life as you live it:
==SIMPLE TO USE, EASY TO LOVE==
* Beautiful, award-winning design
* Unlimited text entries for free
* Powerful rich text formatting with markdown
* Different journals for every aspect of your life (Premium)
==PRIVATE AND SECURE==
* Automatic backups to our private servers (Premium)
* Privacy protected with industry leading end-to-end encryption
* Secured with passcode or biometrics
* Export options to ensure your entries always stay yours
==MORE THAN WORDS==
* Unlimited photos and videos (Premium, limited for free)
* Auto-importer for your Instagram posts (Premium)
* Handwritten entries or drawings (Premium)
* Voice recording and transcription (Premium)
==WHEREVER YOU NEED IT==
* In your pocket or on your wrist with iPhone and Apple Watch
* Mac or iPad for long-form writing
* Text message or email straight to your journal
* Safari browser extension to save websites in a click
==BUILT FOR REMINISCING==
* On This Day highlights past memories
* Tags, favorites, and search filters
* Map view to plot your travel
* High quality printed books to flip through
* Integrates with the Health app to track mindfulness minutes
==TYPE LESS, PRESERVE MORE==
* Time, date, weather, step count, added to every entry
* Customizable templates
* IFTTT applets to automatically import from Spotify, YouTube, Strava, Fitbit, Facebook, Twitter, and more.
* Siri Shortcuts to automate more of your journaling
* Share from Apple Photos, Safari, and other apps
==KEEP THE HABIT==
* Reminders through text message or system notification
* Daily journal prompts
* Streaks and calendar view to keep your momentum going
* Today summary to see where you’ve been and what you’ve done
* Instagram, podcast, blog, and Facebook community for inspiration
Download now for free, or learn more at: https://dayoneapp.com
Day One is FREE to use with unlimited entries. Additional features, including unlimited photos, videos, and audio recordings, are available with a Day One Premium membership.
For technical assistance or other inquiries: https://dayoneapp.com/contact/
• Command +/- now adjusts the font size in editor
• Timeline now supports drag and drop of photos, videos, pdf attachments, audio recordings
• Improved JSON import performance
• Bug fixes and sync performance enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
It’s hard to make the best even better, but the sequel to Day One lives up to expectations—and then some. The app smartly keeps its interface streamlined but adds a wealth of new features that we’ve found immensely valuable. Your journal entries contain all sorts of information—you can geolocate them, add tons of photos to each entry, and even see your day’s fitness activity. You can switch over to a beautiful new photo view when you’re ready to see your world at a glance.
Day 1 journal
What can i say, out of all diary and journal apps i have tried this is most exciting. Love the way you can create entries and give them dates and times a good way in the past and see what the weather conditions were like at the time and location. App is so easy to use. When out and about you can create a blank entry to fill in later when you have the time. One thing i must say is that i hate the new date and time editor. I find it fiddly now and it takes much longer to change the time and date of an entry. They should have a setting where you can choose the old date and time editor. The dates minutes and hours used to go round in a loop. If i have an entry that was written at 11:58 and I want to change it to 12:01, you just had to move the hour slider from 11 to 12 and click the minutes 3 to the right. It’s not like that anymore. You now have to go back minute by minute and then adjust the hours. Dates are also fiddly to change in your new update. It’s horrible and if i am honest it has put me right off. It’s a shame as i have been using day 1 for many years, both the basic and premium version.
Alas Poor v2
Compared to DOv3, v2 was pretty much perfect. I’ll gloss over the buggy release of v3, but I can’t ignore the new and “improved” editor and it’s UI. Select an entry, and it’s now immediately in edit mode. Now that might seem a good idea, right until an inadvertent swipe of the screen either removes or drastically changes an entry. Quick access to location and the photo picker has been removed, those options are now hidden away behind a file attachment icon, of all things. It does appear that swiping up on the map provides access to some functions, but neither method is as obvious or quick as it was. The new editor also handles markdown differently. It attempts to convert any markdown to rich text, at which point it can’t be changed ( I’ll gladly be corrected, if this isn’t the case ). I appreciate this might only impact a small percentage of users, but it’s aggravating all the same. I can only hope the devs relent, and add proper markdown back in. The clunky UI I can get used to, but not the loss of real Markdown support.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. We'd be happy to forward it to the team. you can also provide feedback directly at http://dayoneapp.com/contact
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Bloom Built Inc
- 90.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 Bloom Built, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Day One Premium £32.99
- Premium Monthly £3.49
- Premium Monthly for Plus Users £3.99
- Day One Premium £33.99
- Premium Yearly £31.99
- Premium Yearly for Plus Users £32.99
- Day One Premium £29.99
- Day One Premium £29.99
- 300 Text Messages £4.49
- 50 Text Messages £0.89
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.