"The best way to meter sound levels" - AppAdvice
Decibel Meter is full of features sound level meter with exclusive accuracy of measurements and integrated spectrum analyzer. Calibrated with professional dB meter.
The world is a noisy place: cars, power tools, crowds, machinery, and other common sources produce amounts of noise that can, with continued exposure, lead to permanent hearing loss. Sound level meters are useful for anyone who wants to avoid exposing their ears to harmful noise levels, but who wants to spend hundreds of dollars on one?
dB Meter is free app which provides professional-quality measurement results, calibrated using an actual Nor140 high-precision decibel meter. With dB Meter, you can measure ambient noise levels, save your measurements and their locations, and share your measurements with others. dB Meter couples utility with stylish design and a polished user experience: a powerful tool in a sleek package, and at a tiny fraction of the cost of professional sound level meters.
(Please note that dB Meter soundmeter app is not a replacement for professional devices and should be used for personal purposes only.)
● Health App integration. Export measured noise levels and audiogram directly to Health app.
● Noise dosimeter regarding NIOSH and OSHA standards
● Photo & video with the noise overlay
● Powerful hearing test
● Saves location data for each measurement.
● Save measurements with custom names and rename existing measurements.
● Export measurements in CSV or Audio format.
● Allows you to save, export and play back recorded measurements.
● Highly accurate measurements.
● Integrated Fully Functional Spectrum Analyzer
● Octave Band Real Time Analyzer
● FFT Plot (Fast Fourier Transform)
● Linear and logarithm scales
● Up to 16384 FFT size
● A lot of available window functions
● Tracking for max value
● Max and Min for any selected frequency
● Stunned graphics
You can enable or disable noise levels data exporting to Health app in dB Meter Pro app settings.
Have any questions or suggestions? Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
150-160 dB = Eardrum rupture
140 decibel = Aircraft carrier deck.
130 dB = Jet take-off (100 meters), gun blast at close range.
120 dB= Human pain threshold, loud rock concert.
110 decibel = Serious hearing damage if sustained for more than 1 hour.
100 dB = Serious hearing damage if sustained for more than 8 hours.
90 decibel = Likely hearing damage if sustained for more than 8 hours.
80 decibel = Potential but unlikely hearing damage if sustained for more than 8 hours.
70 dB = Just annoying, but probably safe.
60 dB= Typical conversational volume.
50 dB = A quiet, library conversation.
40 decibel = A whisper.
30 dB= Barely audible sound.
20 decibel= Threshold of human hearing.
• Brand-new Camera mode. Now you can make photos and videos with noise overlays.
• New calibration profiles. Support of new iPhone models and iOS 13 full support.
• Brand-New Hearing Test mode
Please be sure to rate this new version on the App Store and leave a review.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated and helps us continue updating dB Meter!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Very useful app for your iOS toolbox
I’m glad the developer has updated this app to iOS 11 as I use this app quite a lot to help me keep a check on sound levels of my surroundings.
Everything is well designed clearly the developer has put in the work to present the info in a way that is easy to understand and use.
Very good dB meter. Recommended.
This works very well. I have a hearing loss and like to choose quieter restaurants. Now I can collect real data on noise levels.
- Vlad Polyanskiy
- 53.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © Vlad Polyanskiy
- In-App Purchases
- Spectrum Analyzer Pro £14.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.