Welcome to the single most efficient way to learn about wine, an essential tool for budding sommeliers, those facing wine exams or anyone who would like to enjoy confident wine knowledge.
This is not a quiz app (although it has quizzes!); it’s all about learning and remembering the myriad of information around wine.
Decanter Know Your Wine is a microlearning app. It uses s p a c i n g to deliver learning in highly efficient short lessons. It asks you questions and uses Artificial Intelligence to learn from your answers so that you learn the content you're struggling with and don't keep repeating the stuff you know.
Use the app little and often and progress through a series of rankings en route to becoming a Know Your Wine Grand Master. Complete the program and your knowledge of wine will become exceptional. You might even begin to master some of our online quizzes! (https://goo.gl/2JmG98).
More questions will be added over time, so keep checking back.
Know Your Wine is brought to you by Decanter Magazine and powered by Feed Your Elephant. It is free to download and comes with over 10 free modules. Further modules are available as in app purchases or via annual auto-renewable subscription.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at the same rate as the original subscription.
• Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to Account Settings after purchase.
- Added progress wheel to home screen and ranking ladder
- Fixed issue where tapping modules would not display module screen
Ratings and Reviews
Very useful med-long-term
Very useful app. I used it for 2 days free before paying the subscription and now 2 days since. I like the learning style it uses.
The full content is intermediate+ so maybe be aware of that if you are just starting out. Though you can switch on/off modules to tailor the questions.
There is a vast range of content here that is only accessible through their learning platform. This is not read at leisure, or binge quiz. It does make a great partner to a proper reference book/course. Again, I like the style and the repetition of questions, it does seem to be quite intuitive based on your answers (if you’re honest in your answers of course) so far.
I can see myself using this for the full subscription at least.
Overall, recommend fully subscribing if you think you can maintain interest as an enthusiastic hobby. If you’re doing WSET 3 or 4 think this is a great additional study tool.
Lots of questions for free, good value for £5
Lots to be learned from this app, which isn’t as much a quiz as a set of wine knowledge flash cards. Plenty of repetition means the knowledge sticks in your brain. I do wish there was a choice to answer a bunch of questions faster though, to revise for a test for example! I can’t see the “demo” option which the faq mentions either. Apart from these areas it’s a great little app and worth downloading- even the free content will keep you busy for days!
This is a brilliant app. Really good fun to do throughout the day. I really feel the format aids learning and the questions inspire you to read around and learn even more. I think well worth paying the £5 for access to the whole question bank. This just feeds and reinforces my enthusiasm for wine!
Developer Response ,
Thank you Tommy, we really appreciate the positive comments.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Feed Your Elephant Limited
- 165.6 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2020 Feed Your Elephant Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Annual Content Subscription £9.99
- Vineyards (Adv) £0.89
- Wine Labels (Adv) £0.89
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.