Desktop Curtain is a simple tool to hide the clutter on your desktop, and help you focus on the task at hand. It's perfect for teachers, presenters, writers, developers, and anyone else that hates clutter and/or needs to take screenshots with clean background images.
Why waste time moving files and folders on and off of your desktop when Desktop Curtain can make things look spotless in a jiffy?
Desktop Curtain lets you set images via drag-and-drop or the standard file dialog, and it will remember your 10 most-recently-used images.
You can also control at what "level" the image floats (and hence, how much stuff it covers), and whether it affects all monitors or just one.
You can use Desktop Curtain to focus only on the frontmost application, too — or even the frontmost window, to really narrow your focus.
Desktop Curtain also runs in three modes, including a fully-invisible mode perfect for those who take screenshots.oh
• Forced the curtain to vanish when Desktop Curtain is in menu bar mode and a full-screen window is frontmost.
• Added support for macOS Mojave's non-dynamic desktop images.
• Made some cosmetic changes to work better with Dark Mode.
• Fixed an issue that was causing an occasional crash for some users.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Does exactly what it says it will do
I have tried other desktop hiding applications in the past, but Desktop Curtain is my new favourite, easy to use and now instantly available using a keyboard shortcut. Perfect for hiding my messy desktop when making screengrabs/screencasts.
Should be standard function in OS X
I like this. I use my own family photos as wallpaper and I love the way in which this cleans up the desktop and the open windows and I use it all the time. I would have given it 5 stars, but there are three niggles:
1) The documentation is ok but just needs a slight improvement 2) It needs a hotkey for the Show / Hide function that toggles to your cluttered desktop 3) It should have the option to launch at startup.
I see a couple of these are planned for the next release, which is great.
I recommend this app.
Need to be aware of spaces with different backgrounds and change accordingly and by default doesn't use the same picture as the current desktop (system default should be the current desktop background rather than the Apple default). Apart from that, nice work.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.