DEVONthink To Go is the mobile document management solution for iPad and iPhone. Store and organize your important documents on the go. Synchronize your data directly on the local network, via Dropbox, or any WebDAV server with DEVONthink for Mac. Strong encryption and app-wide Face ID/Touch ID/PIN code security keeps your private data private.
DEVONthink is the no. 1 application on the Mac for document and information management. It is used by information workers in education, research, law, consulting, and governments anywhere from home offices to corporations.
Use DEVONthink To Go to:
- Browse and view your documents
- Organize your files
- Use your documents from the iOS Files app
- Open, edit, and save documents from any application that supports file providers
- Capture notes, images, bookmarks
- Edit plain text files, RTF documents, and formatted notes (based on HTML)
- Edit and annotate PDFs (requires one-time in-app purchase)
- Edit tables (requires one-time in-app purchase)
- Link to your documents from other apps supporting URLs
- Search using a powerful search language
- Synchronize with DEVONthink for Mac or other iOS devices running DEVONthink To Go 2
Learn more about DEVONthink To Go and how to get started on the DEVONtechnologies web site.
DEVONthink To Go supports TextExpander touch snippet expansion and is integrated with Readdle Scanner Pro.
This maintenance release fixes a crash during indexing PDF documents. Version 2.7.1 deletes temporary data as soon as it's fully uploaded to iCloud and prefers IPv6 for direct connections. It also improves the overall robustness of the app.
Ratings and Reviews
My project tool
I now completely rely on DEVONthink Pro for my project work. The versatility of the package is impressive. It also works very well across my various devices (MacOS and iOS) - an essential requirement for me.
Of course, one always has a wish list: on iOS, I’d like to have Smart Groups that can filter on each label separately (not an issue on MacOS). I would also like to see TaskPaper as a native format in DEVONthink (on MacOS, I can use the TaskPaper app, but that does not work on iOS). It would fit naturally with DEVONthink’s project focus.
Very limited as standalone app and buggy
UPDATE (13 Jan 2019): In the past 9 months, I have been contacting the devs with these issues. But unfortunately everything I said still holds. It seems they don’t quite care about the iOS app.
ORIGINAL REVIEW (31 May 2018)
I tried very hard to use it as my document repository on my iPad Pro. I intend to use it as a standalone app instead of a companion for the Mac version.
1. The PDF and general scrolling performance is terrible. It freezes and crashes very often with only a few dozens of PDF files in it. It can barely handle any PDF file with many annotations. Opening them usually makes the entire app freeze. The app lags a lot when scrolling through a grid of files, on iPad Pro!
2. It lacks the most basic file manager functions. For example, I cannot select files to manipulate from a search result. There is no option to select all files in a folder.
3. Its integration with the iOS 11 Files is very poor. Files app can barely load anything from its storage. The developer noted this problem almost half a year ago and promised to optimize for it but it still doesn't work.
In conclusion, it is probably okay as a companion viewer for your Devonthink Mac version. If you want to use it on ios device exclusively, it's not worth the money and effort in my opinion.
Amazing app on iOS and Mac OS
This is on app I could not live without. The syncing is now seamless and it is great for annotating PDFs with the Apple Pencil. The desktop companion is amazingly powerful, using AI to connect relevant documents and data. If you are doing any kind of research or have to manage large amounts of data don’t hesitate. I wouldn’t be surviving my PhD without this.
Emailed support about a slight issue and they were back to me within a day.
- DEVONtechnologies, LLC
- 150.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2010–2019 DEVONtechnologies, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Package £7.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.