Business finances made easy with Dext.
Dext is the business expense tracker that tracks, reads and stores your receipts and invoices on the go, so you can focus less on finance and more of your time on what really matters: growing your business.
Whether you’re a small-to-medium sized business, a sole trader or self-employed, Dext can transform the way you do business making your accounting admin easy, quick and painless.
Capture, store and keep track of your business receipts, bills, invoices and bank statements with Dext’s award-winning technology. Start expensing more, paying less tax and saving vital hours in your week.
* Snap It
Use your phone to snap and extract all the important data and then scrap the physical copy. Simple and paperless!
* Send It
Upload bills, receipts, invoices and bank statements on-the-go from your phone, laptop or email account, before connecting your accounting software via our seamless integration.
The time you’d usually spend on your finances? Using Dext, you get it all back so you’re free to focus on what really matters — growing your business.
Effortlessly update your reports, Dext uses machine learning to tailor bookkeeping to your business needs. Connect with leading cloud accounting platforms – such as Xero, Sage and QuickBooks – to unlock automated publishing and automated transaction matching for quick-fire reconciling.
No data entry and no paperwork, for cloud or desktop systems, we update the accounting software in real time, so your business and your clients are always up to date with your finances.
Dext makes life easier; clients’ receipts, invoices, bank and credit card statements are arranged in an organised, easy to access reports. It’s an uncomplicated expense tracker, just a few taps and you can pay an invoice and record it on your books and the archive option will keep your items on file for several years, perfect when going paperless!
- Receipt Scanner: Snap your receipt on your mobile, forward via email, or upload through the web
- Accounting without data entry - just snap your receipt with our app and you're done
- On a business trip abroad? We automatically record and convert transactions to your chosen currency
- Manage invoices and capture additional notes when adding a receipt, saving time later
- Bills and expense tracker with 100% secure storage
- Receipt images and data are stored securely in the cloud
- Unlimited digital storage for all your finance reports
- Receipt tracker with easy access to your expenses whenever you need them - on your phone or the web
- Bookkeeping for the Digital Age: We digitise and securely store your paperwork online, so you can throw those receipts and bills away yet stay compliant
- Small Business Accounting: Integrate with your accounting software including Xero and QBO, save time by automating your bookkeeping
TRY DEXT FREE (14-day trial)
Take out a 14-day free trial of the Dext expense tracker to get access to our single-user Business Plus plan, where you can experience the core functionality and usability of the app.
You can take out a trial of Dext for Business without needing to provide any payment information up front.
Dext integrates seamlessly with:
* QuickBooks Online
* Sage Accounting
* Best Data Management & Expenses Software 2018 - Accounting Web
* Sunday Times Tech Track 100 2018
* Deloitte Fast 50 2018
* 'Expense and Data Capture Software of the Year' - Luca Awards 2020
Minor improvements and fixes to make the Dext app even better.
If you rely on Dext to automate your bookkeeping, keep your paperwork securely stored and organised, and avoid data entry, we'd be thrilled if you would leave us some feedback in the App Store. Thanks!
Ratings and Reviews
It works but it’s an ugly implementation
Receipt bank wasn’t the hight of sophisticated implementation in terms of layout and style but it was functional and did what it had to do in a non offensive way.
I am sorry to say that Dext is just a mess of fonts and symbols and crappy colours. The app now looks like a kids video game rather than a business app. Please get rid of all the garish colours, use a sensible font and get some compact tidy and good looking icons back again. Also there’s no need for oversized KPI’s. Seriously stop messing about. This is a simple app, just leave it alone.
Apart from my rant on the aesthetics of the iPhone app, it still works which is all that matters to me, so I will continue to use it.
The app is great and easy way to keep track of all expense very easy to add your expense as you can take photo once you take photo the app extract the photo title and names the document what ever the title is so in this case if the expense is from shell
Petrol station the title of the document will be shell petrol station.. totally recomend also the accountents are super helpful I have learned so much from them the camera is also installed in the app so you don’t need to take a photo with the phone and then upload it instead you can take the photo in the app and upload it right there and then
Missing lots of features
Not possible to rearrange the receipts by date, amount, currency, etc.
Also not possible to submit receipts for approval via the app.
Without these two features, the app is pretty basic and cannot stand alone without the need for access to their website; a pretty massive weakness for those that travel a lot for business, such as myself (being able to submit receipts on the fly without opening my laptop is a huge advantage).
When compared to Xero, for example (which we used before for managing expenses), this fails rather substantially, especially as Receipt Bank is built SPECIFICALLY for expenses, and Xero is not.
Until these shortcomings are fixed, along with a few UI glitches, such frequent crashing when switching between apps, 2/5 is the best I’ll give it.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thank you for the comprehensive feedback, we really appreciate it. The mobile team are looking into this further. A couple of points to clarify. You can submit receipts on-the-go, and with Effortless Expense Reports they'll be auto-added to an expense report for approval. We are also currently working on crash fixes. Once again, thank you for the valuable feedback!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Dext Software Limited
- 50.3 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Dext Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Business Plus (Monthly) £27.00
- Business (Monthly) £14.00
- Premium (Monthly) £54.00
- Business Plus (Annual) £264.99
- Business (Annual) £132.99
- Business - 5 users, 250 docs £34.49
- Business - 5 users, 250 docs £329.99
- Business - 8 users, 400 docs £53.99
- Premium (Annual) £529.00
- Business - 10 users, 500 docs £67.99