Welcome to DiaryZapp - the award winning kids journal app. Designed by a family for families, DiaryZapp encourages children to develop their imagination, creativity and literacy whilst having fun and writing about their day. Positive screen time!!
Loved by kids, trusted by parents and endorsed by teachers
Awarded '2018 Best Children's App' at the UK App Awards
4 star review from Common Sense Media, National Literacy Trust Approved
And 5 Gold Stars at independent review, Educational App store said:
‘This is an interactive diary app that encourages young people to document their adventures and their lives in an interactive way whilst improving their communication and literacy skills in the process.’
Check out all of the cool things about DiaryZapp:
- There are no in-app purchases or adverts, not one. Kids can earn points the more times they write to unlock a treasure trove of stickers
- Each child gets their own ‘Zappicon’ creature designed to help them through the app. They can style their unique Zappicon to any shape, size or colour and take a selfie with their creation.
- If they just feel the urge to draw instead of write children can get creative with a full artbox of colouring pens, brushes and special effects tools. Little ones can draw and make marks - capturing those early special pictures.
- When they’ve finished, their entry can be saved and shared with close family and friends at the touch of a button via a closed network administered by the Chief Adult
- Children can import photos of their adventures into their page, then squiggle moustaches, unicorns, footballs and fairies over them to add that final perfect touch.
- Help and high fives are given to your child by the Zappicon to guide them if they get stuck choosing what to write about, their trusty Zappicon will also suggest words to boost vocabulary.
DiaryZapp is a space for your child to capture their daily adventures, broaden their literacy skills and share their creations every day. Watch your child’s confidence grow every time they ZAPP.
TELL YOUR STORY
From magnificent dens, to camping at Grandma’s, there are no boundaries to the stories they can tell.
But the creativity doesn’t stop there. Your children can use DiaryZapp’s extensive paint and drawing tools. Import their favourite photographs from the day and have fun editing them with the stickers they’ll have won for ‘zapping’ their entries.
By adding a list of pre-approved email addresses it’s easy for your children to share their day with the family. Grandma can even leave a positive message to praise them for their writing if she wants to. It’s easy for your children to share their day with fellow DiaryZappers via our secure app-to-app sharing.
We’ve designed DiaryZapp to boost kids learning by stealth! Practise their mark making skills, increase their vocabulary through suggested alternative words, improve spelling through practice. DiaryZapp is an English learning game to help children's literacy development through positive affirmation.
DiaryZapp is created by a family for other families to enjoy. We want to reassure you:
Your details and your children’s details are kept strictly private.
You the parent are the ‘Chief Adult’. You are the gateway to approve who is on the buddy list and can even choose, to approve entries before they are sent.
Whilst DiaryZapp works on iPhones and iPads, we recommend your writers use iPads for a better creative experience.
Learn more at: http://www.diaryzapp.com
We’d love to know what you think about DiaryZapp so please drop us a line at email@example.com
Thanks for all the feedback, DiaryZapp keeps getting better and better. This release allows you to download diary pages to your device gallery, and includes some bug fixes too.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
My kids have loved DiaryZapp
My kids have loved writing a daily entry during the current COVID lockdown. As a parent it has great to see the kids using DiaryZapp to proceas what is going on. It has also been a great way for my kids to stay in touch with Grandparents and friends on by sharing diaries and receiving comments back. I love the fact as a parent I have complete control of who they can share their diaries with. Can definitely see this app is designed by a family
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the great feedback - we really appreciate it! Really glad your children are loving writing a daily journal - The DiaryZapp Team
Miss B Primary Teacher
The children in year 2 really loved using DiaryZapp on a recent school trip. It was a fun interactive way for them to record and report on the day's events. It engaged even the most reluctant of writers and parents commented on how impressed they were with app and their children's work.
Developer Response ,
Great to hear that as a teacher you are loving DiaryZapp and can see how it can help boost writing and creativity!! Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it!!
Both my children loved this
I love seeing my children’s masterpieces....
I have a 5 year old boy who uses it for mark making and drawing and an 8 year old daughter who often uses it to capture her day. They both love it and it’s lovely to watch my eldest help her brother to write in his journal.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the great review DiaryZapp
- My Holiday Diary Limited
- 215.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 My Holiday Diary Limited Trading as DiaryZapp Trademark Application Pending
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.