With the Dictate IT app you can easily & securely record & upload dictations from your phone into the DIT3 web application.
*Choose appointments from your clinic list
*Record multiple letters against each appointment
*Easily see your work left to do
You must already have a Dictate IT account for DIT3 in order to use this app.
Works on WiFi and mobile data.
Ratings and Reviews
You can dictate on the go.
- The app is buggy.
- Logs you out after a minute and gives you only 10 seconds to stay in.
- Face ID is buggy (soon to be fixed) and doesn’t log in. Just takes you back to the log in screen to log in repeatedly.
- There is no computer desktop client so I can approve letters at home. Why can’t I approve letters at home! You can only use the iPhone or iPad apps to dictate and approve.
- The iPhone and iPad apps lack formatting functions for letters - only bold, underline. No superscript or subscript. No changing font or text size. Useless.
- I cannot use or download the iPhone or iPad apps on my Mac to approve letters. I either have to use a hospital computer or a tiny touchscreen. Nothing in between.
- The dictation on the desktop client in hospital is buggy. Unable to use the dictaphone to initiate the dictation. This disables both of my hands simultaneously (one hand to hold the dictaphone, the other to start and stop the dictation with the computer mouse while I think of the next phrase).
There are more cons but this review is getting long.
The overall opinion is “Generally a poor experience”. The previous dictate apps were better. I haven’t even covered the disappointments of the typists who complain of a more convoluted process to get the letters out.
Rubbish - requires update urgently
Face recognition/ touchID not working and app requiring password in every login. This is unacceptable when I have to make 10 dictations in 4 hours. Also upon login I am not taken to the latest set of appointments for dictation but to the very first one (3 months ago)
Developer Response ,
Dear Kay, sorry to hear this. To address the Face / Touch login aspect, please:
1. Ensure you are on the latest version of the app
2. When you login for the first time on the new version of the app you may be asked to type your password - please do this
3. If your login screen shows a 'Select trust to use' option - do not pick this before typing your password
4. After typing your password - if you have the 'Select trust to use' option - tap it - if it doesn't open this is fine
5. Tap the 'Sign in' button
6. You should now be logged in
7. If you have enabled Face / Touch ID, this should be available to you the next time you login. Please test this by logging out (via the app's settings) and then trying to login again.
If this doesn't work please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
In any case, please also contact support about the appointments issue
I have to continuously delete and re download the app due to crashing. Terrible app would give 0 if possible
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Dictate IT Limited
- 37.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Dictate IT Limited.