As electronic musicians ourselves, we, at Fingerlab, have developed DM1 with the intention of delivering the perfect mix between fun playability and powerful sonic capacities. We always keep in mind the importance of a beautiful design with the right balance of powerful abilities while avoiding clumsy, overbusy interfaces.
Check our 154 electronic drum kits. 42 classic vintage drum kits plus 112 in-house produced electronic kits, edited and mastered at Fingerlab professional studio.
DM1 offers 5 main sections:
1 - THE STEP SEQUENCER frees your imagination with a smart use of the multi-touch screen. Just turn on and off steps in your sequence with the tip of your fingers to create cool beats, or unexpected rhythms!
2 - THE DRUM PADS simply lets you play and record the beat that tickles your fingers. No need to be a first-class drummer, automatic quantize does the work for you.
3 - THE MIXER for quick and subtle sound mixing of your drum kits. Featuring settings for volume, pitch, sample length, custom drum kit element for each channel, mute and solo mode.
4 - THE FX TRACKPADS a creative duo of FX trackpads to distort, modulate and transform your beats. The effects include: Overdrive, Delay, Reverb, Envelope follower, Phaser, Dub Delay, Formant, Texturizer, Robotizer, Filter, Dalek filter, Compressor and Noise Gate.
5 - THE SONG COMPOSER allows you to quickly make a song with the beat patterns you have created. Just drag and drop the patterns onto the timeline. Fast and easy.
• Retina Display
• Graphic design by Jonas Eriksson
• Smart ergonomy for fast creativity and fun
• 108 vintage and produced drum kits, mastered at in-house Fingerlab Sound Studios
• 48 additional drum kits available with In-App Purchases
• Instrument mode allowing to add bassline, chord and melody
• 3 instruments: Piano, Korg MicroPreset and Cello Strings
• 3 other instrument (Clavinet, Marimba, MiniLogue) are available with In-App Purchases
• Samples Import from AudioShare, iPod Library, microphone, DropBox, AudioCopy and iTunes shared folder
• Step Sequencer with multi-touch matrix
• Time signature
• 16 or 32 Steps per patterns
• Mixer page with pitch, length and level rotary controls, pan controls, choke and custom drum kit per channel
• Automation Panel for a precise and intuitive control of any Mixer parameter over time
• Duo FX Trackpads for real-time sonic destruction and multi-FX
• Live Waveform display for FX pads
• FX per track
• FX automation (FX parameters and FX per pattern)
• 9 Big Drum pads, quantized recording and pitch-bend ribbon
• Pitch-bend ribbon automation
• Mode song with intuitive editing
• High-quality export to SoundCloud, DropBox, AudioShare, Facebook, email, iTunes shared folder or AudioCopy
• Separated tracks and AAC encoding export options
• The Randomizer tool
• Extra fast drum kit loading
• Playable pattern selection for extra creativity
• Audio background mode
• Audiobus support
• Import & Export your song project (DropBox, Mail, iTunes folder)
• Full Midi implementation
• Midi export
• Inter-App Audio support
Watch DM1 video trailer on YouTube Fingerlab's channel:
Feel free to let us know what you think and what you'd like to see in the next DM1 update.
Watch us : vimeo.com/fingerlab
Visit us : fingerlab.net
Follow us : twitter.com/fingerlab
Contact us : email@example.com
Powered by Fingerlab
DropBox bug fix.
Files exported to the iTunes Files Sharing folder are now visible in the Apple Files app.
In the next update, we will add the User Kits export.
Ratings and Reviews
This is reaallllly fun
DM1 is a straightforward and well functioning app. The developers have chosen a specific set of features, implemented them well and made sure they work nicely. The result is a really nice tool to play around with and jam out new ideas. The kits that come with the app by default are nice, and combined with the easy to use interface you can start coming up with some usable, if basic, beats straight away. This may not be the most complex and fully featured drum machine app you’ll ever use, but considering the price it is well worth a look, and I believe amongst the cheapest to allow you to load and edit (trim) your own samples. Well worth a look.
Stunning stunning stunning
I first of all dismissed this app as a bit of a toy, until I started getting a bit deeper into it, and then it slowly dawned on me how incredible this app really is.
This is NO toy. Sounds can be manipulated to the minutia detail. I was first off all about the Patterning drum app, which is certainly powerful and innovative, yet, I still find myself coming back to dm1 every - single - time.
If you want exciting contemporary sounding beats, it’s all here, you just need to delve into it a bit. I can’t believe I had this under my nose for so long. And it’s such an old app as well!
The holy grail would be if there was some way of non painfully routing dm1 into a sophisticated daw like bm3, rather than having to do the whole export thing, which is a bit tedious at times. AU support would be incredible. Dam bm3 with dm1 as an AU would be literally insane. Id pay for that as IAP.
Good job developers!
Every great song has to have the right groove, right? This little gem is new for me but it is ideal for finding inspiration or rejuvenating a tired old song that's going no where. For me it's perfect. Still discovering more and more (pitch shifting in the mixer, applying fx to individual channels, export features) and I've only had it a couple of hours - I can't put my guitar down😎
- Fingerlab SARL
- 344.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Fingerlab 2011
- In-App Purchases
- All Packs £3.99
- More Vintage Pack 1 £0.99
- More Acoustic Pack 1 £0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.