Turn your iDevice into the Doctor's TARDIS, and travel through space and time! Or see the TARDIS in the REAL WORLD and take and share photos! All this and more with the Official Doctor Who Virtual TARDIS app!
The Official Doctor Who Virtual TARDIS app uses Augmented Reality technology to bring you 2 amazing apps in 1:
Your imagination is the limit as your iDevice becomes the Doctor's TARDIS! The TARDIS will read your movements giving you full control over it's flight! Place your iDevice on a flat surface to land the TARDIS, complete with light and sound effects. Lift it to take off. Move around to fly. Move fast and you'll fly the TARDIS into the Time Vortex and explore the universe!
Next, see the TARDIS in the REAL WORLD! Look around as if you're taking a photo and see the TARDIS spinning above you, or touch the ground where you'd like it to land and watch it materialise before your eyes! Rotate and scale the TARDIS to line up the perfect photo, then take and share your images on Facebook, Twitter or Flickr.
- The TARDIS has changed over the past 50 years, select your version to fly through space and time! The app includes the Tenth & Eleventh Doctor's TARDIS designs, as well as the TARDIS from the 80s, 70s and the original from 50 years ago. Choosing this design even makes everything black and white, just like the First and Second Doctor's adventures!
- The virtual TARDIS has motion controls to control it's flight, and the live augmented reality background means you can play seamlessly with other toys.
- Fly fast to enter the Time Vortex and visit distant galaxies, then fly back again to return to the real world. Your imagination is the limit!
- Tap the TARDIS to open the door and see inside!
- Authentic graphics and sound effects from the most successful science-fiction series in the world.
- Use social media to share photos of your virtual TARDIS adventures! #DoctorWho #VirtualTARDIS
Since "borrowing" his TARDIS from the repair shop on Gallifrey, the Doctor has been exploring the endless wonders of the universe. Whether you choose to fly your virtual TARDIS to the planet Skaro, or just to the end of the garden path, get out there and explore!
BBC, DOCTOR WHO, TARDIS, are Trademarks of the British Broadcasting Company and are used under license.
Licensed by BBC Worldwide Limited.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Small bugfix for iOS 9.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app! Just 1 change...
I Love this app! it really makes you feel like you're The Doctor and really I really enjoy all of the Tardis's from each era of Doctor Who.
If I could make just 1 change it would be that a video option could be added, so you can take videos of you and your friends exiting and entering the Tardis and so you can also video each Tardis travelling through their own time vortexes.
I am currently filming a Doctor Who Fan Film and I feel this added feature will really help with the Tardis scenes in my film :)
Good app but needs fixing
It’s brilliant I love it this app with the sonic screwdriver app really makes you feel like the doctor but 1 problem and one cool idea would be when I press photo to show my dad I take a pic but press save and the app shuts down 1 idea would be you could join the apps together and fly the TARDIS with the sonic other then that amazing geronimo
I really love this app it makes me feel like I’m the doctor thumbs up to you 👍 but I find I really hard to get into the time vortex and stay there could you somehow make it easier and once again great app ❤️
The developer, Useless Creations Pty Ltd, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Useless Creations Pty Ltd
- 90.5 MB
- Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 5.1.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Useless Creations, Pty Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.