Join in Thy Kingdom Come by listening to - and making your own - this pattern of prayer and Bible reading from the Church of England.
The services in this app form part of what is sometimes known as the ‘Daily Office’, a form of worship and prayer which can be used by individuals or in groups. They are drawn from the Church of England's Common Worship library of services and prayers.
You are invited to use Daily Prayer for Thy Kingdom Come to establish a spiritual rhythm which will nourish your heart and keep prayer on your lips, enabling you to become part of a global wave of prayer.
That rhythm might take the form of saying both Morning Prayer and Evening Prayer. Or you might start with just Prayer During the Day – suitable for any time of day – followed, perhaps, by Night Prayer.
For each of the eleven days between Ascension Day and Pentecost, the app offers you:
• Eleven days of Morning and Evening Prayer, plus the simpler and shorter Prayer During the Day and beautiful and simple Night Prayer.
• Full audio of each service. The app includes c. 8 hours of specially recorded audio of all 44 services included in the app, with a mixture of speech and singing. Tap the play icon to start or pause the audio, and skip forward or backwards through the service using by tapping the three dot symbol to the right.
• Edit Mode. You can also use the 'pencil' icon to enter 'Edit Mode' and make choices about the psalms, prayers and readings in each service.
• Adjustable settings and timings. Use Settings to adjust the time of day the app shifts from Morning to Day, Day to Evening and Evening to Night. And you can set reminders for one or more of the services to help you establish and maintain a rhythm of prayer throughout your day.
• A beautiful, accessible design. As well as mirroring the acclaimed design of the booklet, the app offers adjustable text sizes and Night Mode to make it easy to read and follow whenever you choose to pray.
The Daily Prayer for Thy Kingdom Come app has been developed by the team behind 2018’s award-winning #LiveLent app (Church of England, Church House Publishing and Aimer Media Ltd). It is based on the Common Worship Daily Prayer for Thy Kingdom Come booklet, produced in collaboration with the Thy Kingdom Come team.
Updated for 2022 with Year C psalms and readings for Sundays.
Ratings and Reviews
Now this is so much better then last years.
Now this is so much better than last years app especially with it facilitating for those with sight problems. Not only the case of font size but also the audio provision which at times is welcomed by everyone, and it widens your chance of learning and reflecting - well done x
A great blessing!
I use the all year round CW Daily Prayer app, and love that this app also has audio. You feel like you’re in a little chapel with a small group of people, simply praying and praising God. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to have audio like this for the whole year?!
Thank you for this app. May many be blessed by it ❤️
Perfect app - now praying that this will be made available throughout the year.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Aimer Media Ltd.
- 327.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © (c) The Archbishops' Council 2019