For more detail, links to docs, and change history, visit: https://getdrafts.com/changelog
## Related Updates
Along with this update, we will also be launching new User Guide and Scripting Reference websites, please visit these sites for more information and to get involved in the Drafts community:
## Interface and Functional Improvements
- **Rewritten main user interface and gesture interface**
- Improvements to responsiveness of gestures.
- Pinning both drafts and actions on larger screens, easier access to pinning, remembering pin states.
- Lots of little improvements to icons, the keyboard switcher, and other user interface elements.
- **Support for multiple windows** _(iPadOS 13 only)_.
- Dragging draft from the draft list to a new window.
- Edit actions in separate window.
- Live Markdown previews in a separate window.
- **Automatic dark and light mode switching** _(iOS 13 only)_
- **Contextual menus where appropriate** _(iOS 13 only)_
- **New Quick Capture action extension**. Similar to the existing share extension, but requires no user interaction - just captures the shared content and returns.
- **Live Markdown Previews** _(iPadOS 13 only)_. A live preview can be opened in a separate window to allow a draft to be edited and preview viewed simultaneously.
- **Support for new iOS 13 font selection panels**
- **Dictation interface now has an optional silence timeout**. Useful for those who trigger dictation hands-free.
- Refreshing of icons and a variety of minor improvements throughout the app.
- **Extensive support for new features of Shortcuts on iOS/iPadOS 13**. A full set of shortcuts, with parameter support, allow you to create, update, append and prepend to drafts, query drafts, run actions, and more. Use of advanced Shortcuts automation requires a pro subscription.
## Workspaces & Draft List
- **Default Workspace**. This is a special workspace that stores the preferred default settings for the draft list, and is applied when filters are cleared.
- **"Show Date" display option for drafts list and workspaces**. Hide/show the date in the list.
## Other Changes and Updates
- **Fix:** Update Todoist integrations to use new API endpoints.
- **New:** Keyboard shortcut support in the Share extension (cmd-return to save, cmd-T for tag entry, etc.)
- **Change:** If a selection is present in the editor, the character/word counts now include a selection count as well.
- **Change:** All default HTML preview templates have been updated with CSS-based support for dark mode. Update them by editing the action and using the "reset" button to update the template - or reinstall the latest versions from the action directory.
- **New:** `Event` script object now support `url` property.
- **Change:** Long press on link in link mode will now fall through to options menu (with Preview on iOS 13).
- **Change:** Regular expression find will now treat escaped whitespace characters (e.g. \n, \t) in replacement text as those characters, rather than expecting the whitespace itself. More consistent with how regex replacements are done in other editors.
- **Fix:** Improvements to Markdown syntax definitions.
- **Fix:** Navigating drafts list with keyboard shortcuts should scroll the list if necessary.
- **Fix:** `editor.load()` method should touch the accessed date of the draft.
- **Change:** Allow "new draft after" timeout to be set to "Never" to allow it to be disabled separately from focus mode.
- **New:** Select > Operations > Export now supports text file option, which merges draft contents into one text file.
- **Fix:** Issue where API calls in actions could fail improperly if the OAuth token expired and needed to be refreshed.
- **Change:** Require iOS 12.
Ratings and Reviews
An apology, changed my mind
I originally wrote quite a damming review as i was outraged at the change to a subscription model from drafts 4, a bit of a knee-jerk reaction. I have now removed that review. This developer is actually very fair. He gives you a weeks free trial of the full option set, which I used, and it then reverts to the free version. The free version is very usable and contains all the features I need. He does not hold back one important feature to make you pay for features
you don’t need. The app is now very polished and I use it everyday. I can see the need for the subscription version for power users and hope he gets quite a few to pay for continuing
development and support for this app. I would hate to see it go and have made a modest voluntary contribution in drafts4 ,so be fair and give the man .99 or 1.99 or whatever.
apologies to the developer for my previous hasty review
Worth the cost
Initially I baulked at the subscription, and maybe it is a bit high when compared with various to-do apps, plus the fact I had only fairly recently purchased Drafts 4. However, for me, it's worth it. YMMV - and probably will.
The free version is a more-than-capable text editor and will suit a lot of people. Drafts is slick to use, making it very easy to capture thoughts/lists/notes digitally. For busy people it can easily become an indispensable part of daily life. I look forward to seeing how it develops. At least with a subscription model I can hope it will stick around & not become abandonware.
Breathtaking ability of free version
WITHOUT the subscription, an incredible app ! In minutes, I can write by dictation. Then I can sequence. Bang - it’s readable prose. I’m blown away by creating content this quickly. Remarkable. And the extras are really developers extras. That means this app is free !!!! I would never pay for a subscription. I hate subscription. But these guys are fair. You get the choice. Something awesome for NOTHING.. but if you feel a tad guilty using all of this for free, pay. And even if you cancel later, the free is not a crippled horse. It has 95% of what you want! So in conclusion. Unfair for them if you use the free version. Or unfair for you if you pay the subscription. So each party is weirdly kind of equal...but as you choose, you get your cake, and eat it. So developers, thank you!
- Agile Tortoise
- 78.9 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012-2019 by Agile Tortoise, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Pro Subscription £1.79
- Annual Pro Subscription £17.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.