Solve maths puzzles and unlock the legend of Dragon Shapes!
'Highly recommended... fun, challenging and teaches new skills' - theimum.com
'Drop dead gorgeous apps you don’t want your kids to miss... Perfect skills for today’s kids to be immersed in!' - TeachersWithApps.com
'The production quality is excellent, with plenty of charm.' - appsplayground.com
Four academic levels of difficulty follow the story of the Shape Arts Master and his quest to rescue the village’s dragon.
Each level offers a structured sequence of geometric puzzles themed to the characters from the story: butterfly, turtle, mountain goat and dragon.
This app supports learners with problem solving and reasoning as they progress through a fun puzzle pathway. Children gain an intuitive sense for geometric relationships and boost their thinking skills at the same time.
BENEFITS FOR LEARNERS
* Improved confidence with maths
* Knowledge and vocab for shapes and attributes
* An intuitive sense for geometric relationships
* Spatial awareness, visualisation and rotation skills
√ Aligned to school curriculum for ages 6 to 10
√ 4 difficulty levels from basic to advanced
√ Full access to all 80 puzzles
√ Animated story chapters between levels
√ Unlock the story, puzzles and levels as you progress
√ Themed characters add fun and adventure
√ See your puzzle progress on the pathway
√ Inspired by the ancient Chinese tangram puzzle
√ Developed with teachers
√ Targeted content and hints for every puzzle
The app is free with 1 in-app purchase for full access to all 80 puzzles. All educational content is developed with pedagogy experts and aligned to the school curriculum.
* Fully tested with families
* Child-friendly design
* Full info on learning objectives
WHAT GROWN-UPS NEED TO KNOW
* Contains 1 in-app purchase behind parental gate
* No third-party advertising
* Parent's Guide in Grown-Ups area
Lumio is a collection of kids educational apps targeting tricky maths topics in fun ways.
The apps introduce learners to key concepts using concrete models and familiar but quirky contexts. Abstract ideas come to life for kids using targeted touch interactions.
Lumio apps are fully tested with parents, teachers, and kids. Find out more about our beta testing group at lumiokids.com.
* 30 sparkling new puzzles for experienced Shape Masters!
* Enhanced learning support with fun read-out for younger learners.
* Puzzle timer - challenge yourself to beat your own time!
* Earn energising Lightning Bolts and collect the Dragon Scrolls! Can you blast through the puzzles without using hints and earn all the rewards?
* New settings due to popular demand: unlock puzzles, reset progress, and turn off hints for extra challenge.
* Updated Grown-Ups area with new Parent's Guide.
Ratings and Reviews
Great geometry app
I highly recommend this app for helping your children learn geometry. I was struggling teaching my kids however this app really helped. They felt like they were playing a game and were competing for high scores however by the end had a great understanding of the subject. Thanks very much
Love the new puzzles!
We were excited to see this app was updated with new puzzles. Some are quite tricky + the new setting to turn off hints adds to the challenge! Recommended
The Nanny 123
Got this App for my 7 year old kid I Nanny, and he loved it. He was very excited to finish every level and unlock a piece of the story. Some of the puzzles he found hard and even I found tricky! but there were hints to help you if you got stuck, although he was very reluctant to use them. I have just download the other app called Shape Arts so he can play more puzzles.
- Lighthouse Learning Studios Ltd
- 41.2 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Lighthouse Learning Studios Ltd. 2013
- In-App Purchases
- full access to all 50 puzzles £2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.