Drawing Box is recommended by schools for their students for its creativity tools and recreational features. Bring a painting studio in your pocket, and enjoy unlimited painting activities.
1/ Creativity: painting tools are amazingly funny to use. Discover dozens of hidden features for drawing and painting. More than only painting with your device, you can automatically send a movie of your artwork. Drawing Box also includes a white board for tutorial and pitch recording. Eight symmetry and duplication painting modes will create drawings you never can only imagine.
2/ Leisure: practice painting with fun and pleasure. With a large choice of incredible magic pens and 3D clay pens, free your imagination. Stencils, stickers and other icons let you enjoy long quiet moments of recreational activities.
3/ Training: besides drawing lessons, you can use the color mixer to create your personal palette. The “crop and move” tool help you to resize properly your work. Apply photo effects to your creations.
4/ Share: save and send your artwork with or without background. Share a movie of your painting on social networks.
What you will find:
• Drawing tools: pencils, chalks, ink pens, Chinese brush, harmony pens, erasers.
• Painting: air brush, watercolor, hair brushes, blending brushes, sand brush, grid paint roller, pattern paint roller, cloud paint roller, hair and cloud paint roller, splash paint roller, dry smudge, fill bucket, rainbow pens and brushes, light effect, single color brush.
• Colors: 10 color palettes (pastel, oil, cool, warm, night, sky and earth, fire and water, skin), color wheel, light and dark color adjustment. Real color mixer for creation of personal color palette.
• Magic pens: autumn leaves, spring leaves, color splash, animal foot prints, lips, cartoon drawings, bubbles, butterflies, random squares, diamonds, candies, planets, musical signs, flowers, snow flakes, numbers, random circles, 3 pens, flashing stars, local symmetry, alternated colors, 3D clay pens, 3D sand pens, 3D noodle pens.
• Clip arts, decorative patterns.
• Text editor
• Background selection from the photo library, camera, preset models (wood, wall, concrete, textile, wallpaper, colors, grids, music lines, post card.
• Leisure: coloring pages, mazes, sudoku.
• Photography: import image, puzzles, photo effects (gray, sepia, fax, tonal, vignette, lemo, radial)
• White board tool: talk, draw and record your presentation.
• Drawing lessons.
• Symmetrical painting: horizontal, vertical, 4 corners symmetry,
• Duplication: simultaneously duplicate all your strokes to 3 or 4 directions.
• Auto record your work as a movie. Replay and send movies.
• Other functions: baby mode, toolbar customization, full page zooming, crop image, hide toolbar, export paintings with or without background, small painting views, multi painting deletions, quick navigation in the paintings gallery, painting rotation in the gallery.
* Fall 2012 Mobile Apps: winner of a Parents’ Choice Silver Honor (www.parents-choice.org)
* Reviewed and rated 5 stars by the Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching (www.merlot.org)
* Rankings: France #1 Overall, China #2 Overall and #1 in Entertainment, Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg #1 in Entertainment
* Top10 Entertainment in 12 countries
Fixing bugs in app gallery and fill bucket tool.
Other tiny bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Brilliant but room for improvement
This is a good app - inspiring and a good range of brushes and tools. It feels slightly clumsy in terms of UI though but that doesn't put me off using it.
This app would be vastly improved if time was spent developing the video feature into something that is functional rather than a gimmick. If it was possible to have some control over how quickly the drawing appears, this would be great, or if you could stretch to fit to audio.
Now with solid very thin lines!
The short review:
You will be delighted with the free version and absolutely thrilled with the full version, totally. :)
The longer review:
I've had this app for nearly a year now and I adore it. However it was missing one feature I really missed - a tool for making very very thin solidly black lines, like a 0.07 or 0.05 marker.
I exchanged some messages about this with the developer some time ago, and he was very responsive. And now in this latest version, my thin bold lines are finally here! And not just one kind, but a bunch of them. Some of the tools are even speed responsive, the lines get fatter the slower you draw, and thinner the quicker you draw. They look great, just like using a physical marker.
Now that this facility is here, DrawingBox is the only raster drawing app I could ever need. Lots of apps cost lots more and do way less. I highly encourage support for this developer, please do buy this app! It's well cheap for what you get and the ability to watch your drawings draw themselves as a movie is alone worth the price. Plus you get lots of other drawing tools.
I couldn't draw my way out of a paper bag, but if you even just want a way to write on your photos, this app does that too. You'll love it, I swear. :)
Good app, but frustrating
I am still getting to grips with this app, there is so much here to work with. I use it with the Bamboo Stylus. However, this app has the tendency to crash and close down on a regular basis and if you forget to store your drawing in your gallery you can lose a LOT of painstaking work. As it is normal to focus intently when drawing, it is hard to remember to do this, and disruptive as you have to then go into the gallery and open the drawing to continue working. Losing your work is frustrating even if only 10 min worth as it blocks creativity and its never fun to have to redo work as a chore. This is getting three stars from me due to this frustration, otherwise it would be a five, easily.
- Etienne Nguyen Tan Hon
- 120.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Topdune Studio 2016
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.