DrinkCoach is for those wanting to cut down, or simply keep an eye on, their drinking.
• The Observer UK's Top Ten Health Apps
• The Guardian UK's Top 30 iOS Apps of the Week
• Sunrise Australia's App of the Week
• NHS Health Library
• Also profiled in Sunday Star Times, Nursing Times, Huffington Post and Refinery 29
With DrinkCoach you will be able to:
• Keep track of units, calories & cost
• View & share seven day summaries of your drinking
• Book a one-to-one session with a specialist Drink Coach
• Set location and time based reminders
• Set & share goals
• Track hangovers, arguments, cravings and accidents associated with your drinking via a CBT diary
• Watch bespoke video covering mindfulness and breathing exercises to manage cravings and help you achieve your goals
+ Resolved an issue with 'Zero-Alcohol Days' for new users
Added recently in v3.1
+ 'Zero-Alcohol Days' highlighted in Drink Tracker overview and summaries
+ Drink Tracker overview now a 'Month-at-a-glance' screen - this helps you visualise your drinking patterns over a longer period of time
+ Share your Drink Tracker functionality - view a summary of your drinking over any period of time and save or share detailed figures straight from the app
+ Not only can you personalise the prices attached to the drinks in your tracker, but also alter the currency symbol from £ to € or $
+ New navigation to help you get to the most used screens faster
+ New links to the brand new drinkcoach.org.uk website and online booking system
Ratings and Reviews
I live this app - simple, well-designed, intuitive to use and supports an important health goal. My only gripe is that in the latest upgrade you can only view units over last 7 days (or other period of time) by downloading a pdf. It’s useful to be able to download the record but clunk when all you need is at at-a-glance how am I doing? Please bring back that facility. It’s made me switch apps! Otherwise I love the interface. Thank you.
I work in the drugs/alcohol field and got years I have been getting my clients to do drink/craving diaries on bits of photocopied paper which really hasn't worked, the clients have also worried about people finding the paper. I now suggest to my clients that they use this app instead. It is excellent and enables them to have their drink/craving diary on them at all times.
The only change that I would make is to have a large number of branded alcohols already available to select.
I wish there was a drug/craving equivalent.
Great app, but one suggestion
This is great for keeping track of my drinking habits, however can a feature be added where rather than personalising drinks (ie cider) to % and price each, when you log a drink it gives you the option to add % and price?
I drink quite a few different ciders and wines and that would be a great help. For example on pub I go to is £1.99 for a pint, where another pub is £3.50
HOWEVER the fact that this is my only “issue” with the app speaks volumes about its quality!
- Haringey Advisory Group on Alcohol
- 33.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2013 Haringey Advisory Group on Alcohol (HAGA)
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.