Keep calm and count your drinks! Stay within moderate alcohol use limits, get motived to drink less and save money. Track, understand and make a positive change!
The truth is people don’t understand the guidelines that surround moderate alcohol use limits.
DrinkControl tracks and converts your alcohol intake quantities, such as glasses, bottles or cans, into the standard units of alcohol, and lets you know when you are going over the limits (set by moderate drinking guidelines) as well as how much you have spent on drinks and calories you consumed from alcohol.
Now, that’s a sobering thought!
- Easily track your drinks and alcohol expenses
- Manage your drinking history in calendar
- Monitor your alcohol consumption against moderate drinking guidelines from leading health organisations
- Understand amount of alcohol calories in your drinks, sync calories data with Apple Health
- Get statistics and charts, compare alcohol consumption, expenses and calories with previous time period
- Get your personal infographic on drinks consumed
- Use app in dark or light mode
Premium features include:
- Set and customize drink tracking reminders
- Get statistics and charts for last/calendar month/week, quarter or year
- Look back in the history, create an infographic for whole month/year.
- Add your favourite drink types for tracking
- Export data for use in Excel/Numbers
- Choose your favourite app icon
- Back up your data to iCloud or Dropbox
Terms, Conditions and Privacy:
== IMPROVED ==
- Quickly delete drink from the Calendar or add a copy of the existing drink (for today) by longtapping on drink.
== FIXED ==
- Fixed issue: preferred serving size not saved when editing custom/user-defined drink types.
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been using this app for a while now and find it quick & easy to use.
The various statistics are easily customisable and helpful to check alcohol consumption, calories and spend.
I also like the fact that you can easily backup the app data to Dropbox, as well as being able to export your records in a csv file.
Finally, the customer service from Jurgis is excellent.
Not bad but feels limited
If you just want to record units then this will work but the overall look and feel is not for me and also the lack of flexibility on drink types is frustrating.
If you were interested in calories then the drinks are too generic - e.g “wine”, “beer” or “cocktail” - nothing more specific. I can add my own if I upgrade to premium but I’m surprised they don’t have a least one level of detail down on this as standard (white / rose / red wine for example.
If you were interested in cost, again basic app is too generic and inflexible, you can add a cost per drink but this is a faff every time. Eventually you'll have an average but you can’t add your own price per drink for all drinks of that type and anyway, as mentioned above, the drink types are limited.
I believe most people would consider the paid version for history and analysis overtime, but to use if for longer that 7 days it really needs to have more basic usability in the first place rather than being a paid for feature.
Good, but needs a few teaks
First of all this app is really well designed and gives you a lot of options in regards to the drinks that you can add. The two main issues I have with the app is that it does not allow you to change the currency, so if your are drinking in another country then it'll stay as your iPhone default. The other issue is that this app is screaming out for an Apple Watch companion to quickly add drinks. It's so obvious that this should be part of the premium subscription that I simply cannot believe that they haven’t done it already. Taking your phone out of your pocket each time you have a drink can become cumbersome once you start to feel a little buzzed. An Apple Watch companion will no doubt increase the accuracy of drink tracking and interactions with the app.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 34 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2020, E-protect
- In-App Purchases
- Premium features £6.99
- Premium, lifetime £14.99
- Premium £6.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.