The truth is people don’t understand the guidelines that surround moderate alcohol use limits.
DrinkControl tracks and converts your alcohol intake quantities, such as glasses, bottles or cans, into the standard units of alcohol, and lets you know when you are going over the limits (set by moderate drinking guidelines) as well as how much you have spent on drinks and calories you consumed from alcohol.
Now, that’s a sobering thought.
- Monitor your alcohol consumption against moderate drinking guidelines from leading health organizations
- Track your alcohol expenses
- Know amount of alcohol calories in your drinks
- Easily manage your drinks in calendar
- Statistics and charts
- Compare alcohol use, expenses and calories with previous time period
- Get your personal infographic on drinks consumed
Extra features available with single in-app purchase:
- Get statistics for last month, quarter and year
- Customize with your favorite drinks
- Export data for use in Excel/Numbers
- Back up your data on Dropbox
Follow @DrinkControl on Twitter:
== IMPROVED ==
- Added 378ml/schooner size option for beer when UK recommendation settings selected.
- Added 16oz/sleeve size option for beer when recommendation settings for Canada selected.
== FIXED ==
- Fixed bug in drink price entering keyboard that dismissed decimal numbers for some combinations of iOS Region/Language locales.
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been using the app for over a year and have definitely reduced how much I knock back.
It would be nice if it stored the data for more than twelve months ( sorry if it does and I haven’t noticed) and I don’t use the spending tracker because prices vary too much.
As long as you fill it in regularly and honestly it will certainly save you money and you might even live longer!
Not bad but feels limited
If you just want to record units then this will work but the overall look and feel is not for me and also the lack of flexibility on drink types is frustrating.
If you were interested in calories then the drinks are too generic - e.g “wine”, “beer” or “cocktail” - nothing more specific. I can add my own if I upgrade to premium but I’m surprised they don’t have a least one level of detail down on this as standard (white / rose / red wine for example.
If you were interested in cost, again basic app is too generic and inflexible, you can add a cost per drink but this is a faff every time. Eventually you'll have an average but you can’t add your own price per drink for all drinks of that type and anyway, as mentioned above, the drink types are limited.
I believe most people would consider the paid version for history and analysis overtime, but to use if for longer that 7 days it really needs to have more basic usability in the first place rather than being a paid for feature.
Handy Drink Awareness App
Great app. Seeing my ongoing drinking history has certainly made me think about my drinking habits and in truth perhaps reduced my intake a little. Certainly if I have had a heavy week I try to cut down the week after to get my 'average' down. The price of the app add ons is quickly recouped once you have decided (because of the app) to skip the double round at last orders!
- 43.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2019, E-protect
- In-App Purchases
- Premium features £6.99
- Disable ads £0.99
- More reports £0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.