Everything a Driving Instructor needs,
in one app…
Driving Instructor for iPad is the complete solution for the driving instructor industry, uniquely combining the iPad’s capabilities into one app in order to improve lesson delivery and simplify admin tasks.
It also works directly with the PassRight iPhone app to allow pupils to see not only a view of their lessons, payments, progress, reflective log comments and next appointment, but also provides a full suite of revision content for every lesson topic, automatically as they progress through the practical syllabus. All of this revision content is provided with the iPad app, yet fully customisable by you, the instructor to suit the way you teach and reflect your branding and advertising. PassRight is your very own branded pupil app.
This app allows the iPad to provide everything a driving instructor needs for record keeping, teaching reference materials and preparation to test standard, allowing the instructor to deliver the best possible experience for their pupils.
Anyone buying the app now will also get access to all of the forthcoming features as soon as they are released in subsequent updates, and as usual we are already working on the next update.
Please forward any feedback or feature requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Customisable look and feel
• Structured lesson diagrams
• Intuitive pinch zoom & drawing
• Save & recall annotations
• Import actual aerial images*
• High resolution diagrams
• Vehicles, pedestrians etc
• Fully customisable diagrams
• Move mode
• Pupil Management
• Contact details
• Lesson & payment history
• Progress tracking
• Single entry lesson, payments & notes recording
• Pupil specific lesson pricing
• Multiple syllabus lists
• Manage Terms & Conditions
• Reflective Log feature allowing you to capture your pupils' view
• Mock Testing
• Record & save test performance
• Email test sheets*
• Record notes, e.g. weather, route
• Easy navigation with zoom feature
• Hazard & Theory Test Preparation
• Sample hazard videos
• Sample theory test questions
• DSA Vehicle Safety Questions
• Questions & answers
• DfT Highway Code
• Simple intuitive interface
• Fully indexed & cross referenced
• Expense recording with photo records of receipts
* Some features require a WiFi or 3G connection, although the rest of the app is designed to function in a practical lesson environment away from data connections. Downloads requiring data access can be done as part of the app initial set up, ensuring maximum functionality on the road (e.g. aerial image downloads), or will wait and then resume when a data connection is re-established (e.g. outgoing emails).
We're currently working on...
• Driving Instructor app training videos to help you get the most from the app
• PassRight training videos you can use with your pupils
• Use the power of video to get real understanding of difficult concepts
• Allow your pupils to continue learning between lessons
This app is designed by working ADIs for driving instructors, however the developers realise that many instructors have different ways of delivering their lessons. Purchasers of this app are really encouraged to feed back to Instructor Software with any comments and suggestions for future versions.
Driving Instructor is now a very large app due to the addition of high resolution diagrams to support the Retina displays of new iPads. Users will need an iPad 2 or above and at least iOS 9 or above to use this app.
Driving Instructor is a very full featured application, please make sure that you take the time to watch the help videos at:
If you still need any further help you can contact the us via email at email@example.com.
More screenshots and information can be found at http://www.drivinginstructorapp.com/
Fixes an issue some users experienced with Draw Mode in Lessons diagrams, particularly on iOS 12 devices.
Provides updated access to the Google Maps content, to ensure that aerial photos can be loaded since the recent Google licensing changes.
Ratings and Reviews
Update to app OS13
I have emailed David and Pete three time this month as to when I could update my iPad to OS13.
Unfortunately I have had no reply! It’s been two months since the software update was brought out by Apple!
May need to find an alternative software for keeping my pupil records...
More to do but is ios13 compatible
There’s a ton of things this app help you do. But there’s so much more that needs to be done. I’ve ideas to make this app awesome but the founder won’t listen. A shame really. Nevertheless very good app.
Desperately needs an update for the mock test. Even if it’s just a picture update to show the new manoeuvres
Still waiting to be impressed!
Looked at some of the reviews and thought it was worth a go. I feel disappointed after spending £19 on the app and finding some of the lesson plans blank and without animations, but have found a Neil Beaver app which more than makes up for it.
What I do like is the pupil progress pages, mock test sheets and the ability to add the images to some of the lesson plans via google maps, which has helped explain those complex junctions that we all come across.
Will stick with, (after spending the most on an app I've ever spent), in the hope that some improvements are made.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Instructor Software Ltd
- 570 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, Danish, French, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2011 Instructor Software Ltd.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.