Here are the key features that makes Drops the #1 pick for you:
– Professionally curated wordlists with more than 2600 words that cover 90% of everyday word usage
– Every single word is beautifully illustrated: connect the new words to illustrations rather than translations. Faster, better and more fun! :)
– Crystal-clear audio created by professional voice actors covering 100% of our content
– Learn how to write: character learning helps you pick up any new alphabet or writing system using your only smartphone
– Advanced statistics: after each session you’ll see your daily progress with a detailed report of all words that you studied
– Ever felt entertained while learning a new language? Now you will! Drops has a game-changing approach to language learning - literally. We took the “boring” out of vocabulary learning!
• American English / British English
• Spanish / Latin-American Spanish
• European Portuguese / Brazilian Portuguese
• Mandarin Chinese / Cantonese
• Tagalog (Filipino)
Only 5 minutes a day:
Drops limits your learning time to 5 minutes. This might sound crazy but it works like charm. Learning a new language might feel overwhelming, but by chunking down into 5-minute sprints, the obstacles standing in your way of finally starting to learn that new language are made obsolete.. No excuses: you ALWAYS have 5 minutes! The time limit encourages intense focus which further enhances the effectiveness of memorization.
100% visual learning:
Every single word is beautifully illustrated. Your eyes will appreciate the gorgeous pictures and your mind will store the new memories more efficiently. You won’t have use the word of your native language, but instead, connect the new words to the illustration of the meaning. Faster, better and more fun! :)
We believe in fast-paced, intuitive learning, and typing on your phone’s keyboard is anything but fast. Say hello to rapid swipes and taps! You’ll need those extra seconds to get the most out of your 5 minutes. ;)
Strategic vocabulary selection:
The “what” is perhaps more important than “how”. We handpicked 2600+ practical words in 100 topics that you’ll actually use when you let’s say travel to a country where your new language is spoken.
Keep tuned as even more languages are in the works!
Length of subscriptions:
- 1 Month
- 12 Months
Price of subscriptions:
- 1 Month – 9.99$ per month
- 12 Months – 69.99$ per year
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
Have questions? Feel free to contact us at email@example.com
As the temperatures are dropping outside, we are dropping new features in Drops as well.
Cozy up with a nice cup of tea and enjoy the joy of language learning this holiday season!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Drops is all about wordplay. It gamifies the process of learning a language; choose your discipline from a dropdown of more than 30 languages, pick a mission – enthusiast, traveller, business student or romantic – and let the games begin. You can switch your mission any time.
Excellent vocabulary builder!
I love the app, it’s what I’d been searching for for a while, a brilliant vocabulary builder with an amazing interface broken down into topics at which you have free reign to choose from. What I especially love is that words learnt are catalogued so it becomes a dictionary built of the words you know and neatly organised into the categories from which you learnt them. The search feature is also especially useful!
My only issue with the app is verbs, specifically the Spanish section as that is the one I’m using as I’ve been using. Whilst I know the app isn’t designed to particularly teach grammar, there are inconsistencies which could easily confuse new learners. Verbs are presented in the “I” forms, yo bebo, yo como etc, however some verbs are shown without the yo in front which whilst still a correct translation could give the impression that yo isn’t required for all verbs. It also makes it difficult to determine to infinitive of the word, comer, beber etc which is important to know so you know how to conjugate the verb to other forms.
Other than this minor issue I’m very impressed with the app and will be subscribing once my free trial is over. Thank you for such a great app I’m really learning a lot from it!
... As I have only been using this app for a matter of minutes, so far, I can say that everything seems very exciting and fast-paced from the off! Several words, all from a shared topic, have been introduced to me along with pictures, a clear pronounciation & simple instructions for each segment of the allotted (free trial) 5 minutes. These have included a chance to spell the words out myself, from a set of syllables on the screen that I can drag and drop onto the dotted line. Something which, on this most recent occasion, left one last group of letters/a syllable on the screen, so that this isn't as straight forward as just dragging and dropping everything - there is still a level of discerning, albeit at a very basic level, which I find is likely to help me recall certain words better than just the standard, "écoutez et répétez" teaching system that I had as part of my (French) curriculum at school!
I'll try and review this again in a couple of weeks so that I can really see if I've been able to learn anything useful in that time.
A word to the Developers: spelling words out in full whilst also being able to put them into a little context, really helps with rich learning. Is this something that you'd only consider for your paying users? If at all?
Also, perhaps knowing if an item or word is male or female, this might actually help your users when they come to learn these languages in full. Just an idea though...
Developer Response ,
Hi, Thanks for giving a try to Drops and taking the time to write a detailed review! We really appreciate it! We'll discuss your ideas you sent to the developers, and we'll see what we can do! Please, keep playing and let us know if there's anything else you think we should improve on, or if there's anything we could do to change your rating to 5 stars! :)
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- PLANB LABS OU
- 153.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 PlanB Labs OU
- In-App Purchases
- Premium £8.49
- All Language Learning Plans £59.99
- Genius for a month £6.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.