Dropshare is a companion app for the heavily customizable file sharing app on the Mac. Access your complete upload history at any time with the app and also upload to many supported cloud storage providers.
It focuses on single file uploads and quickly share them via download URL. The app supports many cloud storage providers:
* Dropshare Cloud (free-to-use, sign up in just a minute)
* Secure Copy (SCP over SSH, e.g. own server)
* Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)
* Custom S3-API compliant services (e.g. OpenStack Swift, Google Cloud Storage, DigitalOcean Spaces, DreamObjects, …)
* Google Drive
* Rackspace Cloud Files
* Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage
Upload from Photos or Files, or use the Share Extension to share from many other apps. Multiple files (from Files) can be uploaded at once as a ZIP archive.
Your upload history will be synchronized across your iOS devices and also to the Mac app automatically with iCloud.
Several URL shortener services are supported:
* Custom (like YOURLS, …)
The app includes a "Shorten URL" Extension which can be used e.g. from within browsers.
Design custom landing page designs which will be used to present your uploads. Design them on your Mac and upload them to your iOS device easily.
Please read the technical requirements for cloud storage providers:
* Dropshare Cloud
A valid Dropshare Cloud subscription is required in order to upload files with Dropshare Cloud. Please check out the Dropshare Cloud website for more information.
* Secure Copy (SCP over SSH)
A working SSH user account is required on the server. A password or SSH key pair is also required. Please note that both the public and private key needs to be set up. To have the uploaded file displayed in a web browser, a web server needs to be installed and configured on the server. Please refer to the User Guide for more information.
* S3 API-compliant service
Dropshare supports services like OpenStack Swift, Google Cloud Storage, DigitalOcean Spaces or DreamObjects. Check our User Guide for more information.
* Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, OneDrive, WeTransfer
An account with the specific service is required.
* Backblaze B2 Cloud Files, Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Rackspace Cloud Files
End User License Agreement: https://dropshare.app/eula/
Ratings and Reviews
Very useful and seamless integration with Mac. Many useful options, easy to set expiry and customise landing page. Also great customer service.
Easy way to share files
I use this all the time as a no brainer way to share files at home and work.
Close but not quite there
* Saves over scp/SSH as advertised.
* Integrates with sharing widgets to upload from within other apps.
* Doesn't auto detect new files on the server. I guess it takes the view that you can see them in a browser anyway.
* Files uploaded via the share widget take a while to show up in the files list.
* No in-app way to recover files from the server, have to visit url in a browser and save one at a time.
* Photo viewer is full-zoom rather than scaled to fit screen.
* Browsing through files involves selecting each in turn and backing out again rather than simple swipe navigation.
* Need to manually enter SSH keys rather than some form of sync from host computer.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Timo Josten
- 62 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2014-2020 Timo Josten
- In-App Purchases
- Pro (monthly) £1.29
- Dropshare Pro £5.99
- Existing customer £0.00
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.