The Distinctive Systems Driver Walk-around Check App is a companion app for Distinctive Systems Coach Manager, Tour Booking System (TBS) and Vehicle Maintenance System (VMS) users.
The app makes it easier than ever to ensure drivers are complying with their statutory duty to carry out a daily walk-around check and report any defects found. The app guides the driver through the complete process of performing their walk-around check. Against each item to be checked, the driver has to either touch a green button to say it is OK or touch a red one to report a defect. When a defect is found the driver can choose from a list of predefined common defects or enter a free type description. Up to four supporting photographs can also be included for each defect.
For operators running Coach Manager, the app seamlessly integrates the functionality of the Online Driver Portal. It allows drivers to view a list of the bookings they have been allocated to. On selecting a booking, the driver can view its full details and then be guided step-by-step through each stage. When ready to start the driver presses a button to confirm they are setting off, and then presses it again at each pickup and on arrival at the destination. With each press the app records the actual time and location and updates the display with the details for the next stage.
- Complies with all statutory walk-around check and defect recording requirements
- Workshop automatically notified when new defects are reported and can view a copy of the check online
- Coach Manager integration keeps traffic office appraised of outstanding defects
- Guides the driver through the walk-around check procedure
- Records the time taken to complete the check and its GPS location
- Predefined common defects for each check item speeds up defect reporting
- Free type description and up to four photographs per defect
- Defects can be flagged as completed in the back-office system
- Work carried out can be recorded in the back-office system
- Non-completed check reporting via Coach Manager vehicle utilisation data
- Nil defect, outstanding defect and completed defect reporting
- Customisable check items and predefined common defects
- View defects and checks created by other users
Coach Manager Integration:
- Drivers can view a list of the bookings they have been allocated to
- Drivers can view the full work ticket details for each booking
- Drivers are guided step-by-step through each stage of the booking
- Seamless integration with Apple and Google Maps
- Actual arrival and departure times are reported back to Coach Manager
- Drivers are notified of upcoming bookings
- Alerts are sent to the traffic office if a driver is late in setting off
- Drivers can view logs and availability
A current software subscription or maintenance agreement is required for one of our three main systems (Coach Manager, TBS or VMS) to use this app. An installation of Coach Manager Online is required for the Coach Manager integration.
In this update, we’ve made some minor changes and bug fixes including the following:
- Updated German translations
- Fixed an issue with the Work Ticket details displaying the Driver Type from the Coach Manager Driver rather than the Booking.
- Fixed an issue with the Driver Diary displaying the wrong number of days if the operator had configured the app to display less than seven days into the future.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the app to crash when viewing a historic Walk-Around Check or Defect.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a “Changes could not be saved” message to be displayed when trying to review a historical Walk-Around Check by clicking the cloud button.
- Fixed an issue that caused the status of a Defect not to be updated correctly when the defect originated from an app Walk-Around Check.
Ratings and Reviews
How do you register to use this app?
It’s just coming up with enter email an password and login.
The app crashes whenever I click on view faults.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Distinctive Systems Ltd.
- 51.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Distinctive Systems Ltd.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.