DXi is a FM synthesizer application inspired by 80's most popular FM synthesizer. You will enjoy creating sounds as well as playing music with this application.
FM synthesizer is still popular among many people by its unique tone. We carefully selected parameters from original synthesizer so you will be enjoy editing tone with them easily. You need to know some technique to tweak the tone, but you will be able to get DXi's special tone and effects while having some fun!
Creating sound effects is another idea to enjoy DXi.
We loaded 16 step loop sequencer as a bonus feature!
If you remember the days of FM synthesizers, try creating the tone you remember from them.
If you have no experience with any FM synthesizer, we are sure you will be enjoying the unique tone world!
* 4 operators FM synthesizer
* Anti-ailiased oscillator
* 8 algorithms
* Envelope, frequency (Ratio or Fixed), waveform (12 types) can be set each operators.
* Feedback control on operator number 4.
* 2 master effects (LPF with Resonance and Delay)
* Unison mode
* Spectrum and oscilloscope view
* Import/Export function to save the tone you created. (URL schema text string format)
* Audio recording function. And you can transport recorded audio file, .wav, onto Mac/PC via iTunes file sharing.
* Clipboard audio sharing support. You can export recorded waveform to other application via clipboard. It's compatible with Intua's clipboard.
* Supports external MIDI keyboards via Core MIDI USB adapters.
* Supports background audio and virtual MIDI input port.
* Supports Audiobus.
- Added MIDI CC#64 Dumper Pedal (Sustain) support
- Fixed minor bugs
Ratings and Reviews
Really useful synth with a full sound and hands on interface. Complements others out there, have not noticed any other FM synths. Would be great to have background audio implemented, better settings, particularly tweakable MIDI and audio routing to other apps, and some efficiency measures, as it does seem to be a bit resource hungry.
Reminds me of a dx27..
.. i used to have years ago, looks and sound wise. Very good! More in app db gain volume features would be handy rather than just system volume, for Audiobus purposes, it can sound too quiet unless i fudge tracks elsewhere. Aswell as what everyone else was asking for. Yeh, make it into a dx7!
After spending years with Va's I had a little go on this and I want my old DX100 back! Saying that this app is a good way there to doing what the DX thing, might be nice to add some bit rate reduction effect so you can capture that grungy fm sound.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.