This highly effective award-winning accelerated-learning technique uses music as the medium to transport words and phrases of a foreign language into your long-term memory.
Your 'KICK START' into learning a new language! You know the 'earworm effect’, catchy music and lyrics that you just can't get out of your head? Well, using the phenomenal power of music, Earworms plants the words of a foreign language into your head!
It really works! Download the app to test it, GRATIS!
THE EARWOMS METHOD
The Earworms method not only provides the words, phrases and grammar that you need to acquire a foreign language, it also actively anchors them into the auditory cortex of your brain - ready for instant recall! It's much more than a language course, it's a language learning strategy!
2. Music is the key:
Using music as the medium is not only fun and entertaining, it is also highly effective. Firstly, music primes the neural networks and puts the learner into the optimum state of consciousness for learning, the so-called Alpha state; relaxed but at the same time receptive. Secondly, music allows for repetition (a prerequisite when learning a language) without monotony. On top of that, music engages and stimulates both right and left hemispheres of the brain, unleashing more learning potential.
These features together lead to a much higher rate of retention than with traditional learning methods.
Instead of seeing a language in terms of individual words and grammar, the Earworms approach immerses the learner in real-life dialogues and expressions. These are then broken down into smaller bite-size chunks, practiced rhythmically with music and then reconstructed into full sentences. This gives the learner a strong sense of how real language is constructed and used.
* Developed by language teaching experts.
* Convenient. 6-9 minute tracks. Listen and learn track by track, any time, anywhere.
* Audio-visual experience with 'karaoke-like' live text feature.
* Specific unambiguous goals. 200+ optimally selected sets of words, phrases and structures per level.
* Measurable. Easy tracking of progress.
* Achievable. Using music as a memory catalyst and fun factor means an extremely high retention rate - usually more than 90% in tests.
* Target language spoken by native speakers - so correct pronunciation is acquired automatically.
* Relevant. Carefully chosen content-rich language. Based on the CEF (Common European Framework) and immediately useful to the learner.
* Time bound. The musical memory method enables real rapid progress. E.g. you can learn to count up to 999 in Mandarin in an hour (!) or retain and recall all 200+ words, phrases and structures in one level within a couple of weeks.
* Educational discounts available. Visit www.earwormslearning.com/support/teachers
LANGUAGES CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
French + German + Italian + Spanish (European) + Spanish (Lat. American) + Mandarin + Cantonese + Japanese + Arabic + Portuguese (European) + Portuguese (Brazilian) + Russian + Greek + Turkish + Polish + English + Dutch
Currently there are 3 levels (Volumes) available, which will take you up to intermediate level (CEF level A2).
* Volume 1. Within a few hours of listening to this volume you'll be able to deal with real-life situations like: taking a taxi, at the hotel, at the restaurant, requesting, polite phrases, finding your way, numbers, dealing with problems and so on.
* Volume 2. This course will soon have you talking about yourself (past, present and future), chatting and even flirting!
* Volume 3. Here you learn more useful everyday situations while going more into the structure, the grammatical rules of the language.
NOTE: the app includes a demo of full tracks of all languages available – and is free to download. You can then purchase the full courses from within the app.
- added app rating
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great way of learning useful phrases
This app is a great introduction to learning any new language, I really liked the incorporation of music to help reinforce the phrases. Lots of useful phrases which you would naturally use when abroad in these countries.
Developer Response ,
Thank you Laura for finding the time to rate us, we really appreciate your feedback:-)
You're absolutely correct! Music is key in aiding memory recall. It's why we remember nursery rhymes with ease, even foreign ones 'Frère Jacques' being just one example.
Why is it so? Well, listening to earworms tracks puts users into a relaxed state of alertness, the alpha state, ideal for learning. Sound patterns combined with rhythmic repetitions from the speakers 'worm' their way into the auditory cortex -- the area of the brain from which words can be easily imagined and recalled. The phenomenon is well known & researched, the earworms method harnesses it in a positive way making the acquisition of a new language much more fun and effective.
Thanks again Laura, we wish you continued success with your learning!
Easy and Effective
The app itself is really easy to navigate, and I find that having the lessons set to music really helps the vocabulary stick in my brain. So far I’ve tried French and Spanish, and I’ll definitely be using the German one too before we go to Germany on holiday next year.
Developer Response ,
We're delighted you've made progress Laura. Music is the Key! Many thanks for finding the time to share your experience, we really appreciate it. A big thank you from the earworms team.
The best way to learn German!
I’ve been using this app for a few weeks now to learn German. I think this language learning method suits me perfectly! My German boyfriend is super impressed with my accent and now I can ask him for a coffee in his native language he can’t say no haha! I’m totally hooked - can’t wait to start level 2 :-)
Developer Response ,
Thank you for rating us, we really appreciate you finding the time. We're delighted you're making excellent progress with German vol.1 of the earworms method. You might like to share with your boyfriend, we have a range of languages for native German speakers too;)
Thanks again, your review will help others decide to give us a try. Enjoy your day! The earworms team
- Earworms Ltd
- 28.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2017 earworms ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Try before you buy
- Bundle, Spanish Eu. Vol. 1-3 £23.99
- Spanish Eu. Vol. 1 £9.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.