Easy Cooking Timer lets you time the items in your meal so that they all finish together. Simply enter the details of the steps and times for the items in your meal and the app will calculate when each step needs to start.
You can start cooking immediately or choose a meal end time. The timers run in the background so you can turn off your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch or use other apps while your meal is cooking.
• Displays a timer for each step in your meal, showing when the step will start.
• Quickly see when the meal will be ready and when the next step will start.
• Audio and visual alerts warn you when a step needs to be performed.
• Hands-free operation to avoid getting your screen dirty.
Manage your meals:
• Store the details for as many different meals as you want.
• Need to eat by 6pm? View meal times as the time the meal will be ready if you start cooking now.
• Hungry for chicken? Search meals by meal name, item name or both.
• Duplicate meals/items or copy items/steps from other meals to quickly create combinations.
• Quickly see which step starts next and how long until the meal is ready.
• Tap a step to open the main app.
Apple Watch app:
• View cooking timer and notifications.
***** "Perfect for those big complicated meals where everything needs different cooking times or where there are many stages to a dish. I looked at several different apps which claimed to do similar kind of thing, but none had depth of functionality, nor the ease of use and streamlined interface of this one." — littlesquidge, UK.
***** "Best cooking timer I can find, with clear sequential steps throughout the whole process!" — Midamoor, UK.
***** "It does one thing and one thing well and is probably the best 'kitchen' timer on the App Store for cooking." — Orca1910, UK.
***** "Excellent app, very simple to set up and has multiple stages built in. Visually clear and perfect for a big meal like Christmas." — BT2203, Ireland.
If you would like more information please visit https://hacknicity.com/easycookingtimer where you can read the User Guide and a Tutorial to get a feel for how the app works before you buy.
• Improvements to notification format.
• The app now requires at least iOS 11.
Easy Cooking Timer does not prompt you for a review. If you find the app useful, please rate or review it in the App Store, or recommend it to family, friends and colleagues. This makes a huge difference to me and the future of the app.
Thanks in advance,
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Used this for a complicated Christmas dinner, it worked perfectly.
Perfect for those big complicated meals where everything needs different cooking times or where there are many stages to a dish. I looked at several different apps which claimed to do similar kind of thing, but none had depth of functionality, nor the ease of use and streamlined interface of this one.
Really comes into its own for things like roast dinners, when you don't need to be in the kitchen the whole time, but need gentle reminders when the next dish needs putting in the oven.
This was a lifesaver when hosting Christmas this year. All the meat / veg / trimmings timed to perfection.
A couple of little tweaks would be great though.
1. Multiple end times within one meal for different courses (starters, main, dessert etc) so you can have different dishes on the table at different times, but need to be prepared simultaneously.
2. A pre timer alarm. For example, if you need to defrost something from the freezer long before actually starting to cook.
Easy Cooking Timer
A great App if you are looking for a method of being in control of your cooking. I think this app is useful for both a novice (me) and an experienced cook. It takes the guess work out of meal preparation.
Having once entered the information you can look forward to a hassle free meal. Items that are common to other meals can be copied to another meal thus reducing the effort when creating new meals e.g. boiled potatoes, dumplings etc.
The tutorial is very extensive and well worth reading before starting out. That way you will be familiar with the terms and procedures. The notes feature is really useful to remind you of important points. I like the fact that you can schedule when you want the meal to be ready.
Great support from the team should you need it. I would have given it 5 stars if it had done the washing up.
- Geoff Hackworth
- 3 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2020 Hacknicity
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.