Easy Dyslexia Aid helps with spelling and literacy with the aid of the 'OpenDyslexic' font and colour overlays.
This is wonderful application and addition to the assistive technology market as it can help dyslexic learners with specific cognitive difficulties making it easier to process particular kinds of information. The absence of unnecessary 'options' pages ensures that learners with specific difficulties can quickly start using the app.
Dyslexia is primarily associated with trouble reading. But it can also affect writing, spelling and even speaking. Kids with dysgraphia may struggle with handwriting, organising their thoughts on paper or with both of these activities. Easy Dyslexia Aid can support with both these conditions and serves as an extremely useful companion both inside and outside the classroom.
Upon opening the application you are presented with a clear blue user-friendly interface. The instruction 'Touch mic & talk’ is displayed above a circular mic symbol. On touching the symbol, you are asked to 'Talk.' By pressing done the app will process what has been said and proceed to produce your input displayed in the OpenDyslexic font. This font has been created with letters using heavy weighted bottoms to indicate direction and to reinforce the line of text, which aids in recognising the correct letter, and sometimes helps to keep the brain from rotating them around. The OpenDyslexic font is displayed in a choice of 8 colour overlays, as a means to accommodate users suffering from dyslexia and improve readability. This feature can be changed in the Settings which are also easily navigated to from the main screen. Additionally, within the Settings, you can choose to turn off speech output if you wish, display upper and lower case letters and change between multiple languages.
The voice synthesis technology used is of a high standard; audio output is clear and the voice recognition software is second to none.
For many children with dyslexia or dysgraphia, asking for help with spelling can be a frustrating experience, especially in the classroom. This app can help to increase independence in the classroom and allow for uninterrupted thinking. Easy Dyslexia Aid is a simple and intuitive app and a must for all classrooms that have children with dyslexia or dysgraphia.
• Child friendly, profanity is filtered out
• NO ads or in-app purchases
Supports multiple languages at the touch of a button
• English (UK, US, Canadian and Australian), Croatian, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Vietnamese
• Automatic language region selection
• Instructions and For Best Results guide under Settings
• OpenDyslexic font with 8 colour overlays
• Display upper and lower case letters
• Speak text and repeat the speech to hear the word or phrase again
• Ability to Copy spelling results, which enables words and phrases to be directly pasted into a range of applications
• Ability to Look Up words via the device dictionary
• Ability to Share words via the Activity popup
• View in portrait or landscape orientation
• Support for split view in iPad and iPad Pro devices
• Cognitive Development
• Communication Skills
• Organisational and Productivity Skills
• Life Skills
• Thinking & Reasoning
• Early Years (3-5 Years)
• Primary School (5-11 Years)
• Secondary School (11-18 Years)
• College/University (18+ Years of Age)
• Easy Dyslexia Aid requires network connectivity (WiFi, 3G, 4G or GPRS)
• Share app icon
• Rearranged Settings screen options
If Easy Dyslexia Aid helps, would you mind taking a moment to write a nice review on the App Store? We'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you and we hope you love these updates as much as we do.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Helpful for me
It really helps me to spell
No more asking mummy or daddy how to spell a word. Fab for my dyslexic daughter. For £1.99 it's amazing. Simple to use and seems so far to always get the word right. Love it!
No relation to dyslexia
The description made this app sound great but all it is is a voice activated dictionary. Will be handy to get spellings when your stuck but will not help you learn them. Handy spell checker but nothing more than that.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Nuapp Productions Pty Ltd
- 17.9 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Nuapp Productions Pty Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.