EchoCalc provides access to all the key echocardiography reference data commonly used in clinical practice
EchoCalc provides access to all the key echocardiography reference data commonly used in clinical practice:
- LV/RV size & function, LV mass, aortic dimensions, atrial dimensions
- Diastolic function
- Prosthetic aortic & mitral valve reference data
- Topic guides on each chapter with how-to explanations on how to measure and interpret echo data
- Updated to the latest BSE reference data but also allows switching to ASE/EACVI references
- Access to a mobile-friendly version of all recent BSE guidelines:
- Standard TTE Study
- Standard TOE Study
- Outpatient Indications
- Inpatient Indications
- Aortic Stenosis
- Aortic Regurgitation
- Mitral Valve
- Tricuspid & Pulmonary Valves
- Right Heart
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Diastolic Dysfunction
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Valve Replacement
- Stress Echo
- Restrictive Cardiomyopathy
- Marfan Syndrome
Update to remove functionality which renders the app a medical device under UK regulations.
The app must not be used in its current format and the update should be installed immediately.
Added prosthetic valve and stress echo guidelines.
Ratings and Reviews
Like others have mentioned before me, the removal of the calculator function has dramatically reduced the utility of this ap. I would have rated it 5/5 before the update. I hope efforts are being put in to get regulatory approval to return the calculator functions.
Brilliant app. I use it every day and have done for years but this update has surpassed my expectations. The AS assessment tools are particularly helpful and the inclusion of flow rate saves me a lot of time during low dose dobutamine cases. Prosthetic valve reference ranges are also very helpful. The only slight negative for me is the colouring of the male / female symbols for the calculator. Doesn’t feel entirely necessary to go for pink and blue. Just go for male and female!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your kind comments.
I appreciate the colours may be viewed as old-fashioned but my rationale is that it is a second visual clue as to the gender of the reference data or calculation result and worth it if it prevents the user mistakenly reading values for the wrong gender.
I have used several Apps over the years for Echo including the older version of the BSE app. This is hands down the most useful, informative & user friendly one. Packed full of relevant information. Would recommend to any Imaging Doctors & CPs.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- British Society of Echocardiography
- 12.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © British Society of Echocardiography
- In-App Purchases
- Donate £2 to BSE £1.79
- Donate £5 to BSE £4.49
- Donate £10 to BSE £8.99