Covering hardware and software from all over the world, whether it’s online, portable, coin-op, PC or console, Edge covers them all, giving detailed, clear and impartial reviews to tell you what you need to know, not what the developers want you to think.
Join thousands of others and download our free app now!
Once you’ve downloaded our app, you will need to take a free trial or purchase a single issue or subscription to access our in-depth content. We also publish specials and guides - browse our publications, read what interests you most, and get inspired.
Back issues, specials, and future issues are available for purchase within the app. Subscriptions are available on various monthly and annual terms, and auto-renew until you decide to cancel it. You can cancel your subscription at any point. Please check inside the app for current pricing.
*** Please Note: Our digital edition is not printable and does not include the covermount items or supplements you would find with the print edition ***
• The free trial offer is only available to new subscribers. If you have previously subscribed then payment will be taken immediately.
• You can cancel at any time during the free trial period and you will not be charged. Simply turn off auto-renew in your Apple account subscriptions page at least 24 hours before the auto-renew is due.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
• You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase .
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
The subscription will include the current issue if you don't already own it and subsequently published future issues for the duration of your subscription period.
• The latest update welcomes the News tab, regularly updated to bring you all the latest news from the world of video games.
• We've also got the feather duster out, squashed some bugs and added support for newer devices.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Where has the interactivity gone?
Not generally a reviewer, but wanted to highlight this to the Edge/Future Mag. I’ve been collecting Edge since the 90s, during the days of Sega Dreamcast.
I have subscribed to the digital version for 3yrs now and of recent did not read the 2017 issues due to my iPad mini 2 screen cracking. Recently I had picked up the iPad mini 4 and going back to reading the back issues especially connecting the articles based on the games I have played on my PS4, FFXV, Horizon Zero Dawn and many reviewed on these back issues.
I was very surprised to see the interactivity of the digital print disappearing. The e-mag is now just a plain old side to side kindle page turner, as suppose to the bench mark of what a great e-mag was supposed to be and why I was blown away and transition to digital version 3 years back.
Where were the little pop up comments, supposed vertical scrolling to the page, enjoyable small animations. All I see in recent issues are a button on gallery and a video. The UX of the e-mag has tunes bland, whilst the article is still top notch, it is now different from reading an article on a webpage, with the additional zoom in and out for the text on a iPad.
I hope to see the interactive design come back in 2018, to what makes this digital version, where I once benchmark all digital mag to what is should be.
So disappointing, and still no update
Going from a fantastic interactive magazine to this is devastating. A huge step backwards on all accounts. Once a great example of how digital literature should be done, now has downgraded all selling points to a that'll do standard. If we wanted what is now being given we'd of gone for a printed subscription as edge magazine has always out shined others on quality and attention to detail, even down to the quality of the paper. This new version lacks any of this. Just pdf's of what is printed, lazy work from future publishing.
Content from the writers is still second to none, but execution on delivery is abysmal in comparison to previous versions.
Damaging to the brand of what is an extremely well respected magazine.
6 Months on from writing this review nothing has changed.. sad to see the readers are not being listened too.. with a heavy heart I am cancelling my subscription and switching back to physical copies. Such a shame as loved having all my copies in one place without taking up space and prior editions having the class to impress friends with what the future of the medium looks like. Looks like this goal to innovate what literature is to become has been abandoned as well as its readers.
Nice App needs more back issues and to not store archives
Really like the App especially front covers and being able to click to get to certain articles. But really wish the archive issues did not take up HDD space and could be deleted and re download. My biggest bugbear is needs more back issues though! I was the Ferrrari F355 issue and would give money for it so please make it available.
- Future Publishing Ltd.
- 37.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Future Publishing Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- June 2011 £4.99
- July 2011 £4.99
- August 2011 £4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.