Reading Eggs Eggy Words 100 is a FREE application designed to help children recognise and learn sight words.
Reading Eggs Eggy Words 100 is a FREE application designed to help children recognise and learn sight words. Sight words are words that readers should know automatically “at sight”, such as he, the, was and where. This is a sample version of what is featured in Eggy Words 250. You will receive access to the first 100 of 250 sight words using a fun and motivating game to keep kids learning.
Also available in the app store
- Reading Eggs Eggy Words 250 includes 10 levels with 25 words each, making a total of 250 sight words.
Learning to read is an important milestone in every child’s life. Knowing these sight words makes fluent reading easier, which lets the brain focus on the real enjoyment of reading
– comprehension – understanding and enjoying what you read.
Eggs Words is brought to you by the team behind the popular educational website Reading Eggs. Developed by educators with more than 20 years experience, the program comes highly recommended by parents and teachers worldwide.
- 4 levels with 25 words in each, making a total of 100 sight words.
- Fun and motivating game suitable for children aged 3+ years
- Most common, highest frequency words are introduced first
- Multisensory approach - combining voice and written words
- Choice of accents – Australia, English, United States
- Flying eggs with the correct word to be swiped
- 3 lives per level
- Lives are lost when bad eggs, distractions and wrong words are swiped
- Mini eggs provide extra lives
- Jigsaw eggs build a surprise jigsaw
- The word is spelt at the end of each lesson
- Egg ratings to be earned for every level
- Egg critters with unique animations hatch at the end of a level
- Bonus level with 100 golden eggs
- Trophies earned for completing 25 levels
“This is a wonderful app for learning sight words. My daughter loves it!”
“ Just like with Reading Eggs, my son uses this app independently all the time and finds it fun to play.”
“A motivational game to help your child remember their sight words.”
Updated to support latest iPhone devices
Some under-the-hood improvements to optimise performance and security!
Ratings and Reviews
So slow- So Dull
This game is far too time consuming and lacking challenge!! Total rubbish
My almost 4 year old found this game (in her words) "boring!"
It was very lengthy for each word and makes a child lose interest. If all Reading Eggs is like this then won't be buying sorry.
This is helped my toddler so much 🥰
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Blake eLearning Pty Ltd
- 59.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © Blake eLearning 2021
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.