Eject is an extremely simple and convenient menu that allows you to eject removable disk volumes with a single click from within any application. Visual notifications can also be displayed when any disk is ejected.
- Eject removable disks* with 1 click.
- Ejects SD cards, flash drives, optical discs, disk images, and network volumes.
- Minimal user interface - resides in the menu bar.
- No need to switch to the Finder, no need to drag icons to the trash.
- Visual notifications appear momentarily when a disk is successfully ejected.
- Notification Center support.
- Access with a global keyboard shortcut.
- Auto launch - launch once, use it forever.
- Fully enhanced for Retina displays.
- Full support for Dark Mode.
- Full support for VoiceOver.
* Please note that due to sandbox restrictions, some hard disk and SSD drives cannot be ejected using this application.
- Added support for Macs with Apple silicon.
- Compatibility improvements for Catalina, Big Sur, and Monterey.
- Improved handling of APFS system disks and Time Machine snapshots.
Ratings and Reviews
Brilliant app - with one drawback
This is a great app for doing exactly what it says - ejecting volumes. I am a lecturer and as such I get a lot of students showing me their work on USB drives. The vast majority of my students use Windows so do not really understand the importance of ejecting a volume before removing the device, leading to a lot of confusion and worry when they simply pull the USB out of my machine to be greeted with the dreaded warning from OS X about data loss. This app helps with this - they can see when the volume is ready for removal and it makes the process nice and simple (try telling someone who has been raised on Windows to drag a drive to the trash - it melts their mind!).
Only improvement needed - and hence why 4 stars - is the ability to eject ALL volumes. As is made clear in the app description, there is an issue with sandboxing that means that apps find it difficult to “talk” to each other, so some drives cannot be ejected using this app. I would LOVE this to be fixed, as it appears quite random as to what constitutes a “unejectable” volume - sometimes it is a USB key, other times it is a USB harddrive.
Other than that - great app, thanks for all the hard work!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Shiro Wilde
- 3.8 MB
- Requires macOS 10.9 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2021 Fresh Goods Limited & Shiro Wilde
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.