Books, speech development, comprehension activities, lesson support and more: eKidz.eu is an ad-free, safe way for children aged 5+ to learn Spanish and German. Our illustrated books are spread across graduated levels with progressive reading comprehension levels to ensure language development at a comfortable, individualised pace.
Carefully created by an acclaimed team of renowned children's authors and top-notch speech therapists, eKidz.eu helps young readers learn Spanish and German proficiently with books, companion reading exercises, narration in karaoke-style, storytelling activities and more. Beginner readers engage in a playful way to develop their foundational literacy skills in four key areas of language proficiency: reading fluency, reading comprehension, pronunciation and intonation. Instant feedback on completed reading levels and exercises ensure young readers learn Spanish and German quickly and correctly.
eKidz.eu is highly adaptable to the individual learning needs and pace of each young language learner thanks to individualised features and settings:
● Diverse topics, illustration styles and voices
● Texts adjusted to tiered levels of reading ability
● Gradated speed of audio narration -slower at beginner levels and gradually increases with higher levels of language proficiency
● Choice of colour for text background and word highlighting
● Narrated words are highlighted in karaoke-style and directional finger tracking can be applied while reading.
The eKidz.eu language programme is designed to be clear and easy to use for both parents and teachers. Individual child profiles can be created for children to learn independently at their own pace. Automatic monitoring and regular progress reports keep you in control and let you relax, confident that your child is spending quality, educational time on their iPad.
● Exclusive content written by acclaimed children’s authors
● Dozens of structured texts on 9 reading levels
● Age appropriate language development linked to the National Curriculum
● Gradated speed of audio narration
● Karaoke-style word highlighting during narration
● Offline mode to learn on the go
● Instant language progress reporting
● Ad-free and safe for children
● Designed specifically for early readers
eKidz.eu offers instruction in four languages: German, English, Spanish and Russian.
The “German practice for up to two children” and “Spanish practice for up to two children” subscriptions once purchased will unlock all features and content of the respective language programme:
• 3, 6 or 12 months subscriptions are available for use at home
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account upon purchase confirmation
• Subscriptions to the language programme are automatically renewed unless auto-renew (in the user’s account settings) is turned off after purchase and at least 24 hours before the end date of the current subscription
• The user account will be charged for renewal 24 hours before the subscription end date of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• If a subscription is bought before the end of any free eKidz.eu trial, the remaining portion of the trial is forfeited.
PERFECT FOR CLASSROOM USE
eKidz.eu is a creative and cross-curricular programme that enables educators to apply various reading strategies in the classroom. It can be used by learners of different ages, levels and learning targets, regardless of the language being a first or foreign one. Flexible and interactive, eKidz.eu is well-suited for supplemental use in a local or language schools abroad; during regular lessons or special needs activities.
Read our regular publications and news on www.ekidz.eu/blog
T&Cs of Service: https://ekidz.eu/en/de/Terms
The new class management in the eKidz.eu app is now available for school accounts!
* All classes are now managed under a single account for the school (e.g., switch classes on an iPad without problem).
* Teachers and students can be assigned to each class. A change of this assignment is possible at any time.
* You can see the results of the entire class in a new overview.
* The individual student accounts become more transparent and easier to manage.
* The teacher can individually specify what a student has to do to activate the comprehension questions: reading, listening, or both.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A fantastic app for teaching your kids to read in German
I have been using this app with my two boys and they love the illustrations and the narration. It seems that the methodology work well with them as their reading improved a lot. A fantastic app, that I would recommend everyone...
Our kids are bilingual, and are fluent in both English and German. I am always on a look out for an app or program that would give them a bit more language input that they are lacking in particularly in reading or writing. This app is exactly right for us.
Support your child in German at home.
I would recommend the app for parents, who don’t speak German and would like to give their children a bit more support at home with the language. This app is a great way to gain more confidence and practice!
- eKidz.eu GmbH
- 59.7 MB
Requires iOS 11 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 eKidz.eu GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- German for 2 children, 3 month £25.99
- German for 2 children, 6 month £45.99
- German for 2 children, 1 year £79.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.