Get the App already used by over 5000 veterinary professionals worldwide. Covering over 700 separate dose regimens (for over 440 different drugs) this is a complete reference for any veterinarian treating horses.
This mobile formulary is intended for Veterinary Professionals, including veterinarians, veterinary students, veterinary nurses, veterinary technicians and veterinary pharmacists and pharmacologists. Both the British Equine Veterinary Association (BEVA) and Equine Veterinarians Australia (EVA) also offer this App free to their members as part of their membership benefits package.
• Please read the End-User Legal Agreement (EULA) before downloading this application.
• The database of drugs is updated at least every 3 months.
• The emphasis is on quality of information and this App details the drug doses we actually use together with a reference for the dose. • Drugs can be searched for by generic name or alternative name, including many trade names. Incorporates a handy dose calculator function (with the dose range automatically filled in) to generate the correct dose for any individual patient as well as a continuous infusion calculator for drugs such as lidocaine, insulin and many others. • Notes are provided for every drug, and user notes can also be added to each drug • There are notes on use in competition, including detection times published by the FEI, RMTC, EHSLC and USEF. • Contains information about the safety of each drug in pregnancy, based on available information in horses and other species • Developed by Dr Kevin Corley DACVIM DACVECC for Veterinary Advances this is an essential resource for practitioners, students, residents and specialists alike.
Submit any comments or suggestions for drugs to be included in updates at www.veterinaryadvances.com.
There is a short video demonstrating some of the features on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/user/VeterinaryAdvances) From Equine Veterinary Education, 23(2):105, 2011 (reviewing version 1.2): "I must admit that initially I was sceptical on having to use an iPhone App to find drug doses. However, its ease of use and with a full range of drugs listed I found myself using it more and more." "...it delivers a good value basic, user friendly formulary that is ideal for checking up on doses and specific drug interactions/side effects."
Ratings and Reviews
Essential companion to modern equine practice!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Sycamore Lodge Equine Hospital Ltd
- 9.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2012-2020 Veterinary Advances Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.