1. Is an iPad app for aviators that displays AIS (Ship position) data world wide.
2. Will transmit to all ships in range a continuous computer generated voice distress message that updates critical flight information every 3 minutes
3. Activates an alarm on the bridge of all deep water vessels, and sends a distress text data message to all ships within VHF range using DSC. Range is proportional to altitude. (This data function is pending FCC approval).
4. Reduces pilot task saturation during a water landing
5. Reduces time of rescue
6. Increases pilot situational awareness
7. Expands ditching procedures to include ditching at night, in low visibility or low ceiling conditions
8. Allows aircraft automation to fly an instrument approach to a ditching if aircraft is so equipped.
9. If aircraft has weather radar will provide a method for ship location confirmation in real time.
Ergo Blue should be a part of any overwater flight since it plans for the worst case scenario and complies with SMS protocols.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Improved app performance by upgrading to Metal
Improved API security
Included Souls on Board and Speed for Digital Selective Call (DSC)
- Aeronautical Data Systems Inc.
- 1.8 GB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Aeronautical Data Systems Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.