Esoteric Synth is a unusual generator of synthetic sound events.
The synthesis is based on 5 oscillators which are intersected through an multiple amplitude modulation and multiple frequency modulation making an high sound variability
The sound events can be controlled in two ways:
EventMode (High Duration and Low Density)
GrainMode (Low Duration and High Density)
This App is suitable to generate complex sound textures, glitches,noises, sound clouds, sound drones, point sounds and more.
- AUv3 Audio Units Generator
- Audiobus 3 Generator
- Inter-App Audio Generator
- 5 oscillators
- Multiple Amplitude Modulation
- Multiple Frequency Modulation
- Amplitude Modulation Inverse
- Frequency Modulation Inverse
- Duration and Density control
- Amplitude and Frequency General Control
- Frequency Rescaling
- Geometric and Harmonic Control
- Geometric and Harmonic Control in Frequency Modulation
- Randomic control on Amplitude and Frequency
- New Presets
- New Presets View in Audio Unit
- Fixed Issue Frequency Modulation
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
AUV3 and preset issues
Using Esoteric as a AUV3 source removes the User Preset option that is there in the stand alone version. No INIT visible to choose.
Trying to constrain the output to a key is not easy and setting each oscillator to a centre frequency is not precise, generally ending up close but not exactly the desired frequency, it’s also tedious. Sliders in different menu’s work in different ways.
The app does make some interesting noises but it’s pretty much doing its’ own thing.
It’s a shame really as the app has great potential as a drone source. I’d give Esoteric more stars but without MIDI in, constraining to a key difficulty and the user preset issue as AUV3; it makes the app look half finished.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.