Watch your favourite sports on ESPN Player with thousands of events live & on-demand, anywhere, anytime. Immerse yourself in some of the greatest sport documentaries ever made with ESPN’s award winning ESPN Films catalogue, plus four ESPN TV 24/7 channels. Plus you can take ESPN Films offline with downloadable content.
ESPN Player is ESPN’s live and on-demand sport subscription service, and is available in Europe, Middle East, Africa and parts of Asia.
How do I sign up?
A subscription is required to watch ESPN Player. You can start your subscription within the App using Apple In-App purchasing. After your 7-day free trial your Apple Pay Account will be charged when you confirm purchase.
Your subscription (once started) will renew automatically unless you cancel. You can manage your subscription in Apple subscription settings.
What are the features?
• Every game live and on-demand for 30 days after original air date
• Four ESPN TV Channels available 24/7 (SEC Network, ESPNU, ACC Network & Longhorn Network)
• Cast via Google ChromeCast or airplay to Apple TV right from the video player to bring the experience to the big screen*.
• Seven day listings for upcoming sports and events
• Take ESPN Films offline with downloadable content
*To watch ESPN Player on TV you will require Apple TV (TvOS) or ChromeCast.
What content is on ESPN Player?
• NCAA College Football, Regular Season games, Bowl Games and College Football Playoff
• NCAA Basketball, Regular Season games plus every game from March Madness plus NIT tournaments.
• NCAA Hockey, including Frozen Four
• NCAA Baseball, Lacrosse, Field Hockey, Volleyball, Softball, Soccer and more.
• X Games
• Little League World Series
• National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL)
• Major League Lacrosse
• A vast catalogue of ESPN Films
• ESPN Studio shows including College GameDay & Pardon the Interruption and more.
• If that wasn’t enough, an ESPN Player subscription also gives you access to four ESPN U.S. College Sport TV channels, ESPNU, the SEC Network, ACC Network and Longhorn Network available 24/7.
• **Sport & content varies based on your location. Please visit the FAQs in the App or on www.ESPNPlayer.com
- We’ve made downloading your favourite Films even faster!
- Plus various bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Much improved from 2017
Much better than before when it used to buffer. Only suggestion is that they keep games available for longer
Can’t personalise it
The app is good if your team is playing. I got it to watch my college basketball and football. So it allows for that. The only problem (which is quite big) is you can’t customise it. Let’s say I only want to watch Jayhawk basketball and football, i have to scroll through all sorts of stuff, other teams, other sports like softball and wrestling, which are great if you want to watch those, however if you want to personalise your feed to open all Jayhawk sports you can’t (or Tarheelss, Blue Devils, Wildcats,Tigers etc - props to the teams I despise but make for great rivalry games). Anyway, come on ESPN. Please make it easier to watch our favourite teams and sports, so it’s Team-ready when we open it.
No game pass
The selection of games is great, easy to navigate to find what you want. The streaming works well and top quality picture. I even feel the price is good if your able to pay it annually. But unfortunately there is no app for smart tv or game console so if you wish to watch it on tv you need to link up a laptop(if you have one) to you tv every time you wish to watch on the big screen. Also no download function so always need to be connected to wi fi which I can't do at work.
- ESPN Inc.
- 56.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- © 2019 ESPN EMEA
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Pass £9.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.