Capture ideas when inspiration strikes. Find information fast. Share notes with anyone. From meetings and projects to web pages and to-do lists—with Evernote, everything’s in one place.
Evernote syncs to all your devices, so you can stay productive on the go. Tackle your to-do list, structure your ideas with easy-to-use formatting options, and find what you need quickly with filtered searches and results as you type.
“Use Evernote as the place you put everything… Don’t ask yourself which device it’s on—it’s in Evernote” – The New York Times
“When it comes to taking all manner of notes and getting work done, Evernote is an indispensable tool.” – PC Mag
• Write, collect, and capture ideas as searchable notes, notebooks, checklists, and to-do lists.
• Keep journals capturing the events and milestones of your daily life.
• Clip interesting articles and web pages to read or use later.
• Add different types of content to your notes: text, sketches, photos, audio, web clippings, and more.
• Attach docs, PDFs, photos, and audio.
• Manage your to-do list with Tasks—set due dates and reminders, so you never miss a deadline.
• Create separate notebooks to organize your receipts, bills, and invoices.
• Find anything fast—Evernote's powerful search can even find text in images and handwritten notes.
• Sync your notes and notebooks automatically across any computer, phone, or tablet.
• Start your work on one device and continue on another without missing a beat.
• Share your notes and notebooks with your friends, colleagues, or family.
EVERNOTE IN EVERYDAY LIFE
• Make personal to-do lists to keep your thoughts organized.
• Save all of your travel documents, articles, and notes in one place.
• Plan events such as holidays, weddings, and parties.
EVERNOTE IN BUSINESS
• Keep everyone up to date by capturing meeting notes and sharing notebooks with your team.
• Use it as your ultimate planner and organizer at work.
• Annotate documents during team meetings, then share with colleagues.
*EVERNOTE IN EDUCATION*
• Keep up with lecture notes so you don’t miss important details.
• Use it as a planner and organizer to keep track of lecture notes, exams, and assignments.
• Create different notebooks and planners for each class and keep everything organized.
Also available from Evernote:
• 10 GB of new uploads each month
• Unlimited number of devices
• Access your notes and notebooks offline
• Unlock additional Home widgets and customization options
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your App Store account. Where applicable, your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions may not be cancelled for refund except as provided in Evernote's Commercial Terms. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Terms of Service: https://evernote.com/legal/tos.php
Commercial terms: https://evernote.com/legal/commercial-terms
Early access to Tasks has started rolling out and will be available to you over the coming weeks.
Tasks in Evernote help you stay on top of it all by making your notes more actionable and giving your to-dos the context you need.
Notes and tasks make each other more useful:
- Add tasks directly to your notes to keep the things you need to do with the information you need to get them done.
- Streamline your workflow—when notes and tasks live together, there’s no need to keep switching between your notes and a dedicated task manager.
- Avoid information overload by capturing the details, actions, and decisions you need in one convenient place.
Take control of your day:
- See the right task, at the right time. Unlike standard checklists, you can set due dates and reminders on each of your tasks.
- Get alerts for tasks even when you’re not in Evernote, so important action items never fall through the cracks.
- Quickly focus on what matters most by flagging important tasks.
Master your priorities:
- Get a summarized view of everything you need to do, or immerse yourself in the context of what you need to do now.
- Work your way—sort tasks by note, due date, or flagged status and use filters to focus on what you need in the moment.
- Changes to your tasks update instantly across every view and on all your devices.
Get early access to Tasks and start each day confident that you have a clear path to tackling everything on your plate.
- If the Collapse Sidebar toggle was getting in your way, good news! Now it'll be much less intrusive.
- The app would occasionally prevent you from editing a shared note, even though no one else was editing it. But now you can edit to your heart’s content.
- If you opened a note that was already open in another window, you’d expect the app to bring that window to the front. And now it will.
Ratings and Reviews
Used to be great, now not so clear it’s worth having.
I used to love this app and I have the paid version, though I’ve forgotten what extra features I get for that.
I’m writing this review while Evernote on my Mac is beach-balling after almost every key stroke - almost unusable. No other app is slow at the moment. If I delete a block of text in evernote often the cursor will jump down to the bottom of the note so I have to search for where I was to continue typing… I have learned to be careful about deleting blocks of text in Evernote if I’ve got something important to write.
Seems to me that Evernote is now so bloated with features I don’t need that there’s a price to be paid in terms of performance and distracting bugs.
It’s hard to ‘focus on what matters most’ if you’re struggling to keep an idea or some creative text in your head while dealing with the beach ball. What I want is an app like Evernote that’s always available to allow me to capture ideas that are then available across all devices, i.e. what Evernote was originally before it tried to become all things to all people.
So, I think I will try and wean myself of this. For my needs, the built in ‘Notes’ app does most of it anyway. 3 stars for old time’s sake.
Latest version for Mac is AWFUL!!
I used to absolutely love Evernote and used it to keep lots of information about lots of different subjects at my finger tips all the time. I loved that it synced really quickly between my iPhone, iPad and Mac but I nearly always used my Mac to create notes as I found it much easier (and had far fewer typos!)
Then I made the mistake of downloading the lastest version for Mac without looking at the reviews and I absolutely HATE it. All the things that I loved about the previous version and which made creating my notes incredibly easy, such as screenshotting photos and just dropping them instantly into a note, being able to put the photo exactly where I wanted in relation to text, the choice of fonts etc has all gone. The font choices are now incredibly restricted and are not fonts that I would or have ever used for my notes. To place a photo I have to save it, name it and then choose to insert it and I can't place it where I want but where Evernote thinks it should go. The general look of notes is completely different. It is incredibly frustrating.
I have reverted to the Legacy version for now - thank God - but if the new version becomes the only version I will be cancelling my subscription. I can only hope that the developers pay attention to the fact that all previous users appear to loathe the lastest version and that they will revert to how it worked before. If I could give the new version 0 or negative stars, I would.
I loved (yes, past tense) this app. It has helped me through a degree, manageing customers, sharing a curriculum with a colleague and allowing remote updating via him and so, much more. And yes, I pay for this app. Now the one thing that I use it for the most, has become irritatingly unsuable. Encryption.
It used to be that you highlight the text, select Encrypt from a right click context menu, type in the password and done. Then when you want to view, right click and view (obviously typing in a password). You could then view, edit, do what ever, then simply move away to lock it again. Now it seems that I have to decrypt it permanantly to be able to edit it. Such a pain, and YES, I am fully aware that this is a first world problem, BUT I LIVE IN A FIRST WORLD. Please, Evernote team, can encryption be put back how it was?
Update: I found the Legacy version from a few comments here. I got to go back to a previous version and I am happy again. Hope this little nugget helps others whilst we wait for thingd to go back to normal. Search Evernote Legacy and it will take you were you need to go.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 154.7 MB
- Requires macOS 10.10.0 or later.
English, Amharic, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2007-2021 Evernote Corporation
- In-App Purchases
- Evernote Premium £4.99
- Evernote Plus £2.99
- Evernote Premium £3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.