Capture ideas when inspiration strikes. Find information fast. Share notes with anyone. From meetings and projects to web pages and to-do lists—with Evernote, everything’s in one place.
Evernote syncs to all your devices, so you can tackle action items on the go. Express yourself clearly with easy-to-use formatting options, and find what you need quickly with filtered searches and results as you type.
“Use Evernote as the place you put everything… Don’t ask yourself which device it’s on—it’s in Evernote” – The New York Times
“When it comes to taking all manner of notes and getting work done, Evernote is an indispensable tool.” – PC Mag
• Write, collect, and capture ideas as searchable notes, notebooks, checklists, and to-do lists.
• Keep journals capturing the events and milestones of your daily life.
• Clip interesting articles and web pages to read or use later.
• Add different types of content to your notes: text, sketches, photos, audio, web clippings, and more.
• Attach docs, PDFs, photos, and audio.
• Create separate notebooks to organize your receipts, bills, and invoices.
• Find anything fast—Evernote's powerful search can even find text in images and handwritten notes.
• Set reminders to keep on top of activities and write to-do lists.
• Sync your notes and notebooks automatically across any computer, phone, or tablet.
• Start your work on one device and continue on another without missing a beat.
• Share your notes and notebooks with your friends, colleagues, or family.
EVERNOTE IN EVERYDAY LIFE
• Make personal to-do lists to keep your thoughts organized.
• Save all of your travel documents, articles, and notes in one place.
• Plan events such as holidays, weddings, and parties.
EVERNOTE IN BUSINESS
• Keep everyone up to date by capturing meeting notes and sharing notebooks with your team.
• Use it as your ultimate planner and organizer at work.
• Annotate documents during team meetings, then share with colleagues.
*EVERNOTE IN EDUCATION*
• Keep up with lecture notes so you don’t miss important details.
• Use it as a planner and organizer to keep track of lecture notes, exams, and assignments.
• Create different notebooks and planners for each class and keep everything organized.
Also available from Evernote:
• 10 GB of new uploads each month
• Unlimited number of devices
• Access your notes and notebooks offline
• Unlock additional Home widgets and customization options
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your App Store account. Where applicable, your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions may not be cancelled for refund except as provided in Evernote's Commercial Terms. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Terms of Service: https://evernote.com/legal/tos.php
Commercial terms: https://evernote.com/legal/commercial-terms
Home in Evernote
- This update includes Home, a new one-stop dashboard that puts the information you need front and center—neatly organized and instantly available
- Home consists of widgets that display your content in a convenient and streamlined view. All customers have a notes widget, a scratch pad widget, and a recently captured widget
- Evernote Premium and Evernote Business customers have additional widget options, as well as the ability to customize the appearance of their Home
- We added ‘Located in notebook or space’ as a filter option for the All Notes view and in search results, so you can find what you need faster.
- Searching inside shared notebooks is back.
- See your recent notes in the sidebar or hide them from view. The choice is yours.
- We improved the “Edit tags” menu to make it easier to navigate using just your keyboard.
- You know that one word the spellchecker never seems to understand? Now you can add it to your dictionary and teach it a lesson.
- We made some tweaks so it’s quicker to search using ‘tag’ as a filter option.
- You can now select a note from the note list using the arrow keys on your keyboard, to get you editing even faster.
- Sometimes it wasn’t possible to rename older saved searches. But times change, and now your searches can too.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Used to be great, now not so clear it’s worth having.
I used to love this app and I have the paid version, though I’ve forgotten what extra features I get for that.
I’m writing this review while Evernote on my Mac is beach-balling after almost every key stroke - almost unusable. No other app is slow at the moment. If I delete a block of text in evernote often the cursor will jump down to the bottom of the note so I have to search for where I was to continue typing… I have learned to be careful about deleting blocks of text in Evernote if I’ve got something important to write.
Seems to me that Evernote is now so bloated with features I don’t need that there’s a price to be paid in terms of performance and distracting bugs.
It’s hard to ‘focus on what matters most’ if you’re struggling to keep an idea or some creative text in your head while dealing with the beach ball. What I want is an app like Evernote that’s always available to allow me to capture ideas that are then available across all devices, i.e. what Evernote was originally before it tried to become all things to all people.
So, I think I will try and wean myself of this. For my needs, the built in ‘Notes’ app does most of it anyway. 3 stars for old time’s sake.
Latest version for Mac is AWFUL!!
I used to absolutely love Evernote and used it to keep lots of information about lots of different subjects at my finger tips all the time. I loved that it synced really quickly between my iPhone, iPad and Mac but I nearly always used my Mac to create notes as I found it much easier (and had far fewer typos!)
Then I made the mistake of downloading the lastest version for Mac without looking at the reviews and I absolutely HATE it. All the things that I loved about the previous version and which made creating my notes incredibly easy, such as screenshotting photos and just dropping them instantly into a note, being able to put the photo exactly where I wanted in relation to text, the choice of fonts etc has all gone. The font choices are now incredibly restricted and are not fonts that I would or have ever used for my notes. To place a photo I have to save it, name it and then choose to insert it and I can't place it where I want but where Evernote thinks it should go. The general look of notes is completely different. It is incredibly frustrating.
I have reverted to the Legacy version for now - thank God - but if the new version becomes the only version I will be cancelling my subscription. I can only hope that the developers pay attention to the fact that all previous users appear to loathe the lastest version and that they will revert to how it worked before. If I could give the new version 0 or negative stars, I would.
Change Your Life
I genuinely think this is one of the best apps created, it has so many uses.
I have essentially used this app to organise all my personal documents such as bills, bank accounts, investments, invoices. I use Evernote for storing articles to read later. I use it for holiday planning, saving restaurants, gym routines, food recipes. I use Evernote for all my planning, documents and research for work. I use Evernote for templates to organise various parts of my personal and work life and also for goal planning.
This is an excellent app in helping someone to get their whole life in order. The only negative is I think you have to be quite computer savvy to get the best out of it and you really have to commit to it to make it work, but once you do and you go through the pain of using it as your personal control centre, you will wonder how you ever got on without it.
There are some excellent articles online on how to use Evernote and I would highly recommend searching on line for Michael Hyatts system of Tagging and it will start to make sense, do this right at the beginning, because if you don’t have a system in place, it can seem like whats the point as you might aswell just save your stuff on the cloud, if thats your thought, you’re probably not getting the best out of the app.
I only started using the app this year (2018) but I think I’ll be using this app for life! Love it!!!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 148.3 MB
OS X 10.10.0 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Amharic, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2007-2020 Evernote Corporation
- In-App Purchases
- Evernote Premium £4.99
- Evernote Plus £2.99
- Evernote Premium £3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.