Exactly brings magazines and newspapers to the iPad and iPhone in their original full-colour format. Each page is delivered just as it appeared in the print edition, but with live links to web sites, phone numbers and more. Access free content from over 80 titles, or use your Exact Editions subscription to read the latest issues on the day they're published.
● Swipe pages left and right, or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
● Switch between single or double-page layout.
● Pinch or double tap pages to zoom.
● Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
● Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
● Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
● Bookmark individual pages or lists of search results.
● Share pages via Facebook, Twitter or other services.
● Tap the star icon to sync for offline reading.
● Network connection required otherwise.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Like Exact Editions only slower
I use Exact Editions to pick up one or two magazine subscriptions and have always thought their Windows interface was a bit clunky, although you get an exact copy of the magazine you have to scroll around to read articles.
So I thought with the iPad functionality they would have used the features available to at least make it easier to use, the reality is that they have inherited all of the issues from the Windows version and combined this with zero content caching, so each page renders at the download speed of your connection, if an article spans two pages and you want to flick back and forth between each page you have to wait for the page to download again, on wi-fi it is just about acceptable, on 3G it is only just useable and would drive me crazy if I had to read all my subscriptions this way.
I know they don't generate the content but at least get the app optimised and definately give us an option to download a full copy of the magazine to read offline..
Cannot use this app at present as it sounds an alert every few seconds that is impossible to turn off. Frustrating!
Can't find The Oldie magazine. Search doesn't work. Whole thing is very slow. Basically not worth taking the trouble to download - a waste of bandwidth.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Exact Editions Ltd
- 11.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Copyright © 2020 Exact Editions Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.