Exoplanets are planets orbiting stars beyond our own solar system. This app allows you to explore all discovered exoplanets, their measured physical properties, their location in the night sky, and their host stars. An interactive model shows you the entire observable universe, all the way from the surface of the Earth to the cosmic microwave background. This app has been developed by a professional astronomer.
* Interactive visualizations and animations.
* Physical properties of all detected exoplanets and their host stars, updated on a daily basis.
* Stunning 3D model of our Milky Way showing the location of all known exoplanets. You can zoom into any planetary system, explore how the night sky and the constellations look from the surface of other planets, or zoom out and see other local galaxies and galaxy clusters as well as the cosmic microwave background.
* Visualizations of exoplanet orbits and the habitable zone.
* Push notifications are sent out whenever a new planet is discovered.
* Augmented reality sky map: point the phone towards the sky to find an exoplanet!
* Interactive multi-touch correlation plots.
* Solar System planets, major moons, and asteroids are included.
* Explore S-Stars orbiting the black hole at the Galactic Center of our Milky Way
* Background information about exoplanets and detection methods.
* Full support of planets in binary, triple, quadruple systems and orphan planets.
* Real-time ray tracing on the GPU.
- Change the color of your HomeKit lights according to the spectral type and temperature of exoplanet host stars. To enable this feature go to "About / Add-ons" and tap on "Link HomeKit Accessories".
- Performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Easy to use and update
Had the app for a number of years and am pleased with results, would have been 5 stars but after purchasing the add ins one of them provides a consistent error message - the CMB and full zoom out add on does not function even after removing and re-loading the app, the error messages just invites a repeat purchase
Was great, now going backwards
I loved exoplanet when it first came out and was really excited for each update but over time it seems that while more planets are added, more functionality or information is taken away.
Star size comparison between our sun and the star of the exoplanet has been removed.
On the same view, you now have to tap on each individual planet in a system to get a comparison with our solar system, whereas before you could view all the planets together.
The detailed information no longer has an entry for how many planets in a system and lastly, one of the first pieces of cool functionality to go was the calculated number of light years when going from one star to another in the Milkyway view.
Developer Response ,
It's coming back in the next update!
Easy to use, interesting and up to date
Have had this app for a number of years. Always ahead of the news, it has really useful and extensive information on exo planets.
I bought all of the add ons at early stage and they really enhance the app. I’ve tried others and none match up to this - it’s the definitive database for the amateur (and, possibly, professionals).
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Hanno Rein
- 104.1 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Hanno Rein
- In-App Purchases
- Galaxy Clusters and CMB £0.99
- Asteroids £0.99
- Kepler Add-on £2.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.