The Express & Star newspaper - your daily edition of one of the biggest selling regional newspapers in Britain, direct to your phone or tablet.
The Express & Star is your trusted source for local news, bringing you breaking news, sport, and entertainment.
Founded in 1874, the Express & Star newspaper covers the Black Country, South Staffordshire, and North Worcestershire regions.
Enjoy the latest edition of the paper wherever you are by downloading the Express & Star newspaper app.
What’s included in the Express & Star newspaper app?
- The latest edition of the newspaper delivered straight to your device
- The latest sporting action from the E&S sports team
- Stories from your favourite columnists
- All the latest entertainment, fashion and things to do in your area
This latest update of the app is designed to be easy to use, with simple navigation so you can read the latest edition of the Express & Star wherever you are.
Subscribing in the app:
- If you subscribe through the app store your subscription will be charged to your iTunes account upon purchase.
- The subscription will automatically renew within 24 hours of the current subscription expiring.
- Auto-renewal can be deactivated via your Apple account in the App Store.
- To manage your subscription, open the App Store, and select the Apple ID button in the lower-left corner. (If you are not signed in, you will need to do that first.) In your Apple account page, select 'Subscriptions' then 'Manage' to see available options.
- All content in the Express & Star newspaper is copyright Midland News Association Limited. All rights reserved.
- Terms and conditions https://www.expressandstar.com/terms-of-website-use/
- This is a subscription to the digital editions only
Bug fixes & improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
As a midlander (Black Country) I have used the E&S website for local news whilst away from home and without access to my usual newspaper. The app shows the news in a more easy to navigate format. However, some items are repeated on the different pages and some old items still show on some pages. The website is more likely to have breaking news than the app. The app is good as clicking on a headline gives more info. If even more needed then there's a link to the story on the web page. I haven't paid for full access to the paper via the app and I don't find the adverts intrusive. So, app more attractive presentation of news but website more upto date, and perhaps more variety. In the end they overlap but complement each other.
Appalling service, app never works and every time it’s updated I cant log in on my iPad. Ive cancelled my subscription in the past because of this and probably will do so again, which is a pity because I read it for the local sport
Great newspaper finally has good app
I keep this app and subscription via ITunes because I think the E&S is probably the best local newspaper in the country. Previous app was a buggy mess. New version vast improvement.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- The Midland News Association Limited
- 14.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Midland News Association Limited.
- In-App Purchases
- 1 month subscription £5.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.