The EyeTV app turns your iPad and iPhone into the ultimate portable television! Access the EyeTV software and hardware running on your Mac at home anywhere you have an LTE/3G or Wi-Fi connection.
• Watch live TV and change channels on the move
• Playback your EyeTV recordings
• Browse the Electronic Program Guide and view detailed information
• Start recordings back home on your Mac immediately or schedule them to record later
• View and edit your recording schedules in the recording list
• Use the free My EyeTV service to connect to your home Mac via the internet
• Stream live TV or your recordings to the big screen via AirPlay
There is no need to reconfigure your local Wi-Fi network. Simply activate the option "iPhone/iPad Sharing" in the EyeTV preferences. Sometimes, fully automatic configuration may not be possible outside of your local network. Please see www.geniatech.eu for details.
If you’re using the OS X firewall, be sure to allow incoming connections for both EyeTV and EyeConnect. EyeTV uses port 2170. If that doesn’t let you connect, try turning off the firewall and turning it back on again.
• Mac with OS X 10.6.8 or later
• EyeTV 3.6.5 or later with compatible TV tuner
• iPad Air, iPad (iPad 2 or later), iPad mini, iPhone (iPhone 4 or later) or iPod touch (5th generation) with iOS 7.0.4 or later
1:Compatible with iOS13.
2:Support EyeTV 64it eyeconnect's Live TV.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A bit of a hassle to set up but works well
Since I initially had a lot of trouble getting this to work, here's what I did:
First, update EyeTV on the mac to the latest version. The best way to achieve this is to use EyeTV Reporter (on the Geniatech site) to first backup your preferences and then uninstall EyETV; then install from the latest image and restore the preferences.
Second, make sure that EyeTV on the mac has sharing enabled in the preferences and that both EyeTV and EyeConnect are set to accept incoming connections in the mac firewall.
Finally, note that both the mac and iPad need to be on the same subnet of the same wireless network, so you might run into trouble with wifi extenders etc.
Once I did all of this, it worked perfectly.
Improvement over last version
Update seems to have stopped the stuttering when I first open a Channel, working well now
Eye tv no longer connected to iPad
The Eye tv hardware connected to my iMac will no longer connect to my iPad through this app. Beware if you were expecting to stream to an iOS device.
- SHENZHEN GENIATECH INC.,LTD
- 17.2 MB
Requires iOS 12.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2016-2020 Geniatech Inc.,Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.