The EyeTV app turns your iPad and iPhone into the ultimate portable television! Access the EyeTV software and hardware running on your Mac at home anywhere you have an LTE/3G or Wi-Fi connection.
• Watch live TV and change channels on the move
• Playback your EyeTV recordings
• Browse the Electronic Program Guide and view detailed information
• Start recordings back home on your Mac immediately or schedule them to record later
• View and edit your recording schedules in the recording list
• Use the free My EyeTV service to connect to your home Mac via the internet
• Stream live TV or your recordings to the big screen via AirPlay
There is no need to reconfigure your local Wi-Fi network. Simply activate the option "iPhone/iPad Sharing" in the EyeTV preferences. Sometimes, fully automatic configuration may not be possible outside of your local network. Please see www.geniatech.eu for details.
If you’re using the OS X firewall, be sure to allow incoming connections for both EyeTV and EyeConnect. EyeTV uses port 2170. If that doesn’t let you connect, try turning off the firewall and turning it back on again.
• Mac with OS X 10.6.8 or later
• EyeTV 3.6.5 or later with compatible TV tuner
• iPad Air, iPad (iPad 2 or later), iPad mini, iPhone (iPhone 4 or later) or iPod touch (5th generation) with iOS 7.0.4 or later
1, enable remote live tv with eyetv4
2,general improvments stability and performance
Ratings and Reviews
Pointless, pointless, pointless
Why did Elgato bother with this application? Was it to con EyeTV customers out of some more money in the hope they were getting an iPhone remote that controlled EyeTV as well as the Apple one controls iTunes? I think it must be because I can't believe they developed such a complicted application for the handful of people who prefer to watch TV on a tiny screen rather than the one attached to the Mac running EyeTV.
I was very excited when I got spammed by Elgato about this application andni must admit that I only skimmed the applications description. So I was pretty astonished that there is absolutely no remote control capability at all. The guide is what's on now rather than the week ahead that I know exists on my Mac. Sure streaming live TV over my wireless network is cute, but being able to ditch my remote control and wireless keyboard is way higher up my list that this application.
5/5 for how well it does what it does, but ultimately it gets one star from me for not actually doing anything useful.
Can't remotely access archive
Updating my Mac to Catalina meant having to fork out for the 64-bit version of eyetv.
Unfortunately this doesn't play nicely with the iOS app: trying to open any recording results in a 'this recording has not been prepared for iPhone access...' error even when it had been prepared in the previous version of eyetv. Geniatech admit as much on their website. Therefore the archive is not remotely accessible. Total waste of money.
Improvement over last version
Update seems to have stopped the stuttering when I first open a Channel, working well now
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- SHENZHEN GENIATECH INC.,LTD
- 17.2 MB
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Unrestricted Web Access Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- © 2016-2020 Geniatech Inc.,Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.