The EyeTV app turns your iPad and iPhone into the ultimate portable television! Access the EyeTV software and hardware running on your Mac at home anywhere you have an LTE/3G or Wi-Fi connection.
• Watch live TV and change channels on the move
• Playback your EyeTV recordings
• Browse the Electronic Program Guide and view detailed information
• Start recordings back home on your Mac immediately or schedule them to record later
• View and edit your recording schedules in the recording list
• Use the free My EyeTV service to connect to your home Mac via the internet
• Stream live TV or your recordings to the big screen via AirPlay
There is no need to reconfigure your local Wi-Fi network. Simply activate the option "iPhone/iPad Sharing" in the EyeTV preferences. Sometimes, fully automatic configuration may not be possible outside of your local network. Please see www.geniatech.eu for details.
If you’re using the OS X firewall, be sure to allow incoming connections for both EyeTV and EyeConnect. EyeTV uses port 2170. If that doesn’t let you connect, try turning off the firewall and turning it back on again.
• Mac with OS X 10.6.8 or later
• EyeTV 3.6.5 or later with compatible TV tuner
• iPad Air, iPad (iPad 2 or later), iPad mini, iPhone (iPhone 4 or later) or iPod touch (5th generation) with iOS 7.0.4 or later
Generic improvements /bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Useful, fun but a little out of sync
I originally got eyetv for my desktop Mac as I wanted to use it as a tv or work with the tv on in the background. I work from. Home so it gives me a little company. Anyway, it does work well on the Mac, the little aerial can be temperamental and if you knock it you can lose signal. However it is pretty reliable once you find that 'right spot'. I did want to use it with my iPhone but absolutely unreliable. It worked a little inside the house, I.e. A stones throw from the main computer but anywhere else it froze and i had no joy. However i recently bought an iPad and I prop that up next to my computer to have it showing tv which i use the computer to work and it works very well. Only problem is that the picture and sound syncing is a nightmare. This can be a problem with digital tv generally and it is with this one too. If you switch it off and of again it syncs but then slowly falls out of sync.
I am off on hooks with my iPad so will be interested to see if it works abroad. Wish me luck.
A bit of a hassle to set up but works well
Since I initially had a lot of trouble getting this to work, here's what I did:
First, update EyeTV on the mac to the latest version. The best way to achieve this is to use EyeTV Reporter (on the Geniatech site) to first backup your preferences and then uninstall EyETV; then install from the latest image and restore the preferences.
Second, make sure that EyeTV on the mac has sharing enabled in the preferences and that both EyeTV and EyeConnect are set to accept incoming connections in the mac firewall.
Finally, note that both the mac and iPad need to be on the same subnet of the same wireless network, so you might run into trouble with wifi extenders etc.
Once I did all of this, it worked perfectly.
Improvement over last version
Update seems to have stopped the stuttering when I first open a Channel, working well now
- SHENZHEN GENIATECH INC.,LTD
- 17.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- © 2016-2020 Geniatech Inc.,Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.