EZ Power is an app that electricity consumers can use to browse residential energy and natural gas service plans available in their home areas, from many energy provider companies. Users may view each company’s plans, including pricing, terms of service, and contract details. Users then may choose to switch their home energy provider and energy plan, by verifying their ability to authorize the change of provider.
Upon launching app the user will have the option to:
Browse Current Rates (Without creating an account with the app)
- User specifies their location by entering their home Zip Code.
- User chooses whether to browse service plans for Electricity or Natural Gas service.
- Energy plans available in the users area are displayed
- Energy plans may be searched and sorted by Company Name, Price, and User Rating.
Create An Account (Required to change energy provider)
- User will create a EZ Power account.
- User will input account information, such as Username, Password, Service Address, etc…
- User will verify their ability to authorize a change of energy provider for their service address, by uploading a photo of their electricity bill, and entering other personal information in the secure sign-up form.
- After creating an account the user may then browse energy plans in their area.
When a user chooses to switch their current energy provider and plan to one featured on the application:
- User will be asked to confirm their selection, and to confirm their authorization to change the energy provider at their specified service address.
- Upon confirmation, the application will send notification of the service request directly to the service provider, who will then process the request, and promptly activate the new service at the requested address.
- New branding
- Bug fixes
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.