Connect with friends, family and people who share the same interests as you. Communicate privately, watch your favourite content, buy and sell items or just spend time with your community. On Facebook, keeping up with the people who matter most is easy. Discover, enjoy and do more together.
Stay up to date with your loved ones:
• Share what's on your mind, announce major life events through posts and celebrate the everyday moments with stories.
• Express yourself through your profile and posts, watch, react, interact and stay in touch with your friends throughout the day.
Connect with people who share your interests with groups:
• With tens of millions of groups, you'll find something for all your interests and discover more groups relevant to you.
• Use the Groups tab as a hub to quickly access all your groups content. Find relevant groups based on your interests with the new discovery tool and recommendations.
Become more involved with your community:
• Discover events happening near you, businesses to support, local groups and activities to be part of.
• Have a look at local recommendations from your friends, then coordinate with them and make plans to get together.
• Raise funds for a cause that's important to you, mentor someone who wants help achieving their goals and, in the event of a local crisis, connect with other people to find or give supplies, food or shelter.
Enjoy entertainment together with Watch:
• Discover all kinds of content from original shows to creators to trending videos in topics such as beauty, sports and entertainment.
• Join conversations, share with others, interact with viewers and creators and watch together like never before.
Buy and sell with Marketplace:
• Whether it's an everyday or one-of-a-kind item, you can discover everything from household items to your next car or apartment on Marketplace.
• List your own item for sale and conveniently communicate with buyers and sellers through Messenger
Read our Data Use Policy, Terms and other important info in the legal section of our App Store description.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Facebook doesn't run GPS in the background unless you give us permission by turning on optional features that require this.
We update the app regularly so we can make it better for you. Get the latest version for all of the available Facebook features. This version includes several bug fixes and performance improvements. Thanks for using Facebook!
Ratings and Reviews
I don’t know what’s going on with this app. Been using it for years, but in the last year or so I have had intermittent problems with photos. I try to upload live photos which show it’s bullseye symbol in the bottom right corner but doesn’t play them or show the live features. I’ve tried uploading my christmas tree photo tonight which was clear and crisp in my iphone gallery. As soon as it is uploaded into a post the photo becomes blurry. I had to create a photo album in the facebook app, upload from my iphone to the facebook photo album. Open the photo in facebook photo album and save that image to my iphone, to then upload the image I saved to a post before it would be shown clearly without any blurr. I know I have an iphone 7 but your app should still work the same for everyone. Frankly I think you need to rebuild the app. It clearly isn’t fit for purpose and it hasn’t since apple removed certain facebook features from apple device os firmware. If you could give me a solution to fix the problems I am having I would be grateful, but having made numerous failed attempts to get help from facebook support I doubt you will comply even with this request.
Customer service is appalling!
I have had to deactivate my account because for the past 7 months someone has been cloning my account and creating fake accounts to send me abuse and harass me on a daily/weekly basis. Unfortunately’ messenger does not give you the option to stop people that are not your friend from sending you messages and therefore, you only block them once You’ve been contacted.. I have reported this to Facebook numerous times and although the profile is shut down you have never replied to my requests to help me catch this person. The police have been investigating this but, without evidence there is not much that can be done.. Facebook need to help catch these bullies so this can be dealt with appropriately by the police and it would be great if the messenger app allowed you to chose who can contact you before those kind of messages are sent. I will not be activating my account until messenger is either taken down or allows me to control who can contact me (up until this started, I used Facebook on a daily basis to interact with family and friends, which I can now no longer enjoy!) sort it out Facebook, let’s put a stop to BULLIES!!
Another pathetic update
The news feed is horrendous. I’m getting posts from days ago and even when I refresh the feed, it stills shows old news with the occasional recent post mixed in alongside the numerous ads. Also annoying getting irrelevant notifications for features I have no interest in. All I want notifications for are friends request/birthdays and comments replying to me. The only way I can find of going to my friends list is by going to my profile instead of clicking on the tab for friends - what’s the point of it if the only use for it is to find people you may want to add as a friend? This app has gotten worse and worse, something that has been mentioned time and time again. You update every two weeks but never tell us what you’re doing to it and it just seems to me like the reason for this is because you aren’t actually doing anything good with the app. It’s about time you actually listened to people and tried to make them happy but when you’re making mega bucks, it’s obvious that our satisfaction means absolutely nothing to you! 1 star is too generous for this horrific app but it’s the worst that apple allows.
- Facebook, Inc.
- 451.7 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Facebook, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Supporter £3.49
- 95 Stars £1.99
- Supporter £3.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.